Changing or Cancelling Reward flight

Old Dec 20, 17, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Changing or Cancelling Reward flight

Hi all. I am Gold member and have a return reward flight booked 6th - 16th March at 4500 points each way but booked on a return flight x 2 adults

I now need to fly on the 5th March and was wondering if Gold status afforded any better options to change. Looking online i see my possibilities as:

1) Use the change booking function and pay £70 change fees and pay/lose no further Avios.

2) Buy a 1 way ticket on the 5th at a cost of £24 + 9000 Avios for 2 adults (Would i still be able to fly the return leg of the original booking or would the "no show" on the 6th kill that booking)

3) Cancel original booking, get 18,000 Avios back(does the Avios get returned or do i have that wrong) then take out a new booking at a cost of £48 plus 18000 avios

Are these options all correct and if so, have i missed anything out that im not aware of ?

What would you do :-)
Old Dec 20, 17, 9:59 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold
If you call they can "split" the PNR and leave the correct flight intact

Then if there is still availability for the inbound you can cancel the flight, loose the cash but get the Avios back and then rebook one passenger

If there isn't availability showing on the inbound then pay the £35 change fee (in case the seat didn't reappear when you cancel it)
Old Dec 20, 17, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Sammy. The split would make more sense then.
Old Dec 20, 17, 11:19 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold
If the other person doesn't have status - you can also ask them to "TCP" the bookings so that person will sit with you on the leg you are flying together for free
Old Dec 20, 17, 11:58 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK Elite
Deleted
Old Oct 9, 18, 1:51 am

I have booked a return reward flight from LCY to IBZ in November.

If I want to change the inbound flight from traveller to club, what is the most cost effective way of doing it?
Old Oct 9, 18, 2:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by let_BAegones_be View Post
I have booked a return reward flight from LCY to IBZ in November.

If I want to change the inbound flight from traveller to club, what is the most cost effective way of doing it?
It's possible, if unlikely, that a POUG offer will come up for the inbound, probably around the £100 mark. I don't think you can get an AUP at IBZ for a City flight. So realistically your best bet is to simply change the inbound by calling BAEC. You would pay a £35 change fee plus the difference in Avios and fare between ET and CE. Do a dummy booking to see if there is Avios space in CE.
Old Oct 9, 18, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
It's possible, if unlikely, that a POUG offer will come up for the inbound, probably around the £100 mark. I don't think you can get an AUP at IBZ for a City flight. So realistically your best bet is to simply change the inbound by calling BAEC. You would pay a £35 change fee plus the difference in Avios and fare between ET and CE. Do a dummy booking to see if there is Avios space in CE.
Thanks CWS!
No availability right now, but Ibiza isn’t very popular in November and there are 9+ seats for sale in CE (and in ET) so I expect it will show up at some point hopefully.

I would’ve been better off booking 2x one ways. Then I can cancel and rebook. Would’ve been cheaper. Always make the same mistake.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: