Wiki Posts
Search

Avios for Aer Lingus Flights?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Avios for Aer Lingus Flights?

Hi everyone,

I apologise if this has been answered before but I'm not totally clear on it, and since BA has denied my request I want to double check here.

Should I have earned avios for the following?

I booked a 2 leg flight on aerlingus.com, with both legs operated by Aer Lingus. London Gatwick to Dublin, and then Dublin onwards to the US. The Dublin to US leg was in business class.

I was given the option to put in my BA membership number on the Aer Lingus website, so I did. I thought according to the BA site that I would earn avios but not tier points for these 2 flights. However, I've since been told by BA that "the classes booked and flown by you are not eligible to earn any points with British Airways".

Is this really true?!

Thanks for any help you can give!
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
It would depend upon what fare class you were booked in. You can see the fare classes that are eligible for earning avios in the Aer Lingus chart from Part 05 of the Earning Avios part of the Guide:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27687629-post5.html

Check your booked fare classes, sometimes BAEC gets it wrong and denies credit even if you are booked in an avios earning fare class.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
If you are in a non earning fare class in future credit to EI Aer Club( Open one if you have to) and then you can combine my avios to move them to BA/IB.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to both for useful replies. I wish I'd credited to Aer Lingus! That was so silly of me.

I can see my booking classes were K and P so I guess I'm not eligible.

One other question: Is it possible for me to now retrospectively credit these flights to a new Aer Lingus account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.