Using T5 when departing from T3

Old Dec 19, 17, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP 75K, IC AMB, BA GOLD
Using T5 when departing from T3

My wife and I both have flights out of Heathrow on the same day. She's flying in First to Seattle out of T5 whilst I'm in Club World to Las Vegas out of T3. Is there any way I can join her in using the T5 Concorde Room and then transfer to T3 for my flight? The web site has all sorts of information about connecting but we are both originating in London so it wasn't clear if this was an option.

Thanks
Old Dec 19, 17, 8:39 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Unless you a YouTube sensation it can't be done unfortunately , you can't pass Ready To Fly and therefore you can't enter T5.
Calum likes this.
Old Dec 19, 17, 8:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Nope - you need a T5 boarding pass to get into Concorde Room.

The Cathay First lounge in T3 is nice though (even if you can't be together!)
Old Dec 19, 17, 8:51 am

Programs: BA GGL (no longer CCR), Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
If she's on the morning flight you'd probably have time to squeeze in LHR-AMS-LHR before the late Vegas flight... otherwise no.
Old Dec 19, 17, 8:56 am

What if you booked a shorthaul fully-flexible ticket out of T5 that you use to enter T5 and then cancel once air-side with Wife and use the transit train trick to use to get to the transfer to T3.
Banana4321 and wanderingjock like this.
Old Dec 19, 17, 9:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
This was discussed here a few weeks ago, lots of ideas from redeeming a few Avios for a flight to Manchester, to accessing T5's roof and abseiling down to the lounge

The booking and cancelling a flight got some attention as potentially fraudulent as apparently someone in Germany was successfully sued after doing that (albeit in extreme circumstances)
Old Dec 19, 17, 9:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Had you considered having a drink and/or meal together before setting off for the airport ?

Wacky idea, I know, but at least the logistics should be somewhat easier 😀
Old Dec 19, 17, 10:20 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Just set up a Skype lounge telepresence session and have a virtual drink/meal together.

For optimum experience, do it on loudspeaker mode too.
Old Jan 7, 18, 1:08 pm

I will add my question here: Does anyone know if you can go airside in T3 with a T5 boarding pass? I know that you can access the CX and QF lounges in T3 with a T5 boarding pass.
Old Jan 7, 18, 2:13 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Freddorick View Post
I will add my question here: Does anyone know if you can go airside in T3 with a T5 boarding pass? I know that you can access the CX and QF lounges in T3 with a T5 boarding pass.
You can't enter T3 from landside with a T5 boarding pass, you won't get past Positive Boarding. And there is a bit of a debate out on whether a T5 pass will or should work in T3 lounges, other than that if it happens a lot it will certainly be stopped. You can enter T3 via T5 first but with significant difficulty and will require you to re-register for Ready to Fly. So much so that it's not worth spelling out.
Old Jun 9, 18, 10:15 am

I heard if I arrive from HEL with AY and have a connecting flight from T5 to OSL I can still get acces to T3 and use the lounges there? Even though I am flying from T5. I then exit T3 later and go landside to T5 and use First Wing to check in. But how do I get access to T3 when I land? I thought I had to exit the airport or transit to another terminal after landing.
Old Jun 9, 18, 10:25 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1
Originally Posted by TravelManBiz View Post
I heard if I arrive from HEL with AY and have a connecting flight from T5 to OSL I can still get acces to T3 and use the lounges there? Even though I am flying from T5. I then exit T3 later and go landside to T5 and use First Wing to check in. But how do I get access to T3 when I land? I thought I had to exit the airport or transit to another terminal after landing.
AFAIK there is no way to access the T3 Lounges without a BP for that terminal.
Old Jun 9, 18, 10:40 am

I just read on another forum with pictures that they had done excactly this. So are you sure?
Old Jun 9, 18, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by johnaalex View Post
AFAIK there is no way to access the T3 Lounges without a BP for that terminal.
I haven't tried this situation but I know that the CX lounge computer is clueless about any information in regards BA flights. So I assume the computer just checking if the BP is valid for that day or not. Of course the lounge agent might point you out that you are in the wrong terminal. BA T3 lounge will defiantly won't let you through. Also it's too much risk, in regards connection. You won't get ready to fly sticker in T3 for your Oslo flight so the question is what time you want to move to T5. There is a 35 min conformance check in T5 plus you have to go through security etc. Depends the time of the day and you miss a bus and stuck behind a long security queue and you are in trouble. For me it's way too much risk plus loads of extra time and would gain not much.
Old Jun 9, 18, 11:03 am

It's not absolutely impossible. You would pass through Flight Connections from T3 to T3. You cannot do this once you have gone through the UK Border, nor can you re-enter T3, therefore you can't collect baggage either. You would probably be challenged by the HAL staff since there is a boarding pass check at the security scan, however it is legitimate from HAL's perspective to enter T3 to use the lounges. In this respect the arrangement is intended for the paid-for lounges and dayrooms, rather than using the oneworld lounges. It's possible that the oneworld lounges agents would then deny you admission if they thought you were in the wrong terminal, but equally they may not know / care.

Whether you did or did not get access you can then go either airside to T5 or landside - there is an exit to the UK Border by the AA lounge which is signposted. If you go airside - which is easier and quicker - should you have e-gate access it may well be faster to use the First Wing rather than Flight Connections. However you do it, you do need to clear conformance at T5 at least 35 minutes before the Oslo departure, and you should allow 30 minutes for the T3 to T5 transfer, so you should leave T3 over an hour before departure (MCT is 90 minutes, by way of a guide). It should take less time.

Personally I think this is all a bit unnecessary, given the lounge provision in T5, but it's not really for me to judge. There would be two security scans doing this, rather than just one.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: