Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flight left without me at DUS - and thank you to the BAEC Helpline!

Flight left without me at DUS - and thank you to the BAEC Helpline!

Old Dec 19, 17, 1:56 am

Programs: OW Emerald (BA), UA*G, Marriott Plat, IC RA, Various others
I would guess the LCY was operated from a remote parking space, so they boarded early and departed early. I have had this on my past couple of ex-DUS-LCY departures. That said, not right if then to inconvenience you for their operational efficiency, so I would pursue IDB.

BA cancelled a NCE-LCY flight (not enough pax) and rerouted people onto LHR. They paid cab fare home but no other comp despite getting home 3.5 hrs later than I would if I had landed LCY.
Old Dec 19, 17, 2:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Go Fish
Originally Posted by AndyFlyer View Post
I would guess the LCY was operated from a remote parking space, so they boarded early and departed early. I have had this on my past couple of ex-DUS-LCY departures. That said, not right if then to inconvenience you for their operational efficiency, so I would pursue IDB.

BA cancelled a NCE-LCY flight (not enough pax) and rerouted people onto LHR. They paid cab fare home but no other comp despite getting home 3.5 hrs later than I would if I had landed LCY.
If the cancellation was less then 14 days in advance, claim compensation.
Old Dec 19, 17, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by dycc View Post
Thanks, I hadn't even thought of it from that perspective. However, I'm assuming that it makes no difference as I was re-booked and landed in London less than 2 hours after my original scheduled flight? Or, does LHR vs LCY make any difference?
You're due compensation regardless, but it's the full 250 as the LCY vs LHR does indeed make the difference.

There's a significant risk on time performance is going to be hit by the removal of gate close time on the boarding passes - telling passengers that boarding starts long before they've even made it to security means they are going to assume they can rock up 5 or 10 minutes before the flight leaves and still make it.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: