Exit seat but now not

Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by KARFA

Originally Posted by Knickam
You can sign up to myflights which will alert you of aircraft/seat changes for any future flights and allow you to select new seats if they are available
Sadly soon to be gone as of the end of this month - see the main myflights thread for details.
Yes, that' truly sad, a great tool soon lost
Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by RockyRobin
​​​​​​Would one be eligible for a refund, for example I couldn't fly in the non exit seat.

Apologies for the bold, this is a new problem I have found. Not nearly as annoying as the new GUI mind
If you're asking whether you're eligible for a refund of any fees you have paid to select the seat - yes, as stated above.
Eligible for a refund of the ticket - no. Seat reservations are not guaranteed and the T&C are very clear that a seat in the booked class is all you can reliably expect.

(try selecting the text, bolding and unbolding)
Old Dec 18, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Yep - a real pain, esp on PARIS-LONDON - but you just learn to check the seat map in the 24hr before. 12A ends up NOT being what you expected (and a disabled person with sticks in 12B means you get off the plane 2nd last!! ) but i'd rather have my life than hers.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Seat shifting happens quite regularly on BA, unfortunately. Now it’s happened to you once, you will regularly check seat assignments on all your flights to try and avoid it in the future. The most frequent cause is an equipment change but sometimes it still happens without it. Nobody really knows why and there are some conspiracy theories out there about seats being taken for friends and family of BA staff too. In my case I know I’ve been kicked out of 1F for a foreign office “VIP” because he boasted about it to 1D wothout realising I was listening from 2D. So it is sometimes done deliberately too. One of those annoying things.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:03 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
I find BA increasingly moving me out of books exit seats ( due to status and nicotine cash. On my london Pmi flight at the end of the month we were moved from exit as the club cabin was extended. Couple of days ago they reappeared and I rebooked them. Think BA we’re trying to flog some cheap upgrades that didn’t materialise. Advice just keep rechecking
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Originally Posted by TravellingSalesman
If you're asking whether you're eligible for a refund of any fees you have paid to select the seat - yes, as stated above.
Eligible for a refund of the ticket - no. Seat reservations are not guaranteed and the T&C are very clear that a seat in the booked class is all you can reliably expect.

(try selecting the text, bolding and unbolding)
I was referring to the entire outlay. I don't pay for seat selection but where it is a matter of flying or not then it's a bit of an issue for me.

whenever I've mentioned this in the past I've been told by obviously rich people that I should pay for a more expensive seat (maybe my parents should have had me put down at the end of puberty due to my growth).

This however isn't even an option within Europe as the CE seats are just as small, bar seat 1C!

oh the joys of being tall.

I did fiddle with the bold icon, seems to be ok today

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.