Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Arrive 2 hrs. ahead to check in for LHR to BOS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2017, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k

Connecting at LHR from EDI to international flight to BOS and I currently have a 1 1/2 hour pad. My question is do I need to be at LHR earlier than that (2 hrs +) or am I good because it's just a connection? I assume I don't need to go through security again, just go from one gate to another?

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
It’s all one ticket ?
Old Dec 17, 2017, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by CMH1k
Connecting at LHR from EDI to international flight to BOS and I currently have a 1 1/2 hour pad. My question is do I need to be at LHR earlier than that (2 hrs +) or am I good because it's just a connection? I assume I don't need to go through security again, just go from one gate to another?

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

Assuming one ticket,you are good. After arriving from EDI just follow signs for T5 flight connections, get your LHR-BOS boarding pass scanned , go up the escalator and you are in the departures area. no security check ( but there will be a random security check at the gate to the BOS flight.)

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 17, 2017, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Yes, sorry, all one ticket.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL
You'll be fine then, nothing to worry about. If you're late they'll move you to another BOS flight.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
There are four flights a day to Boston with BA, plus various reroutings via New York or even Chicago, if your flight from Edinburgh goes wrong in some way.

No worries.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 3:44 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
You'll be fine then, nothing to worry about. If you're late they'll move you to another BOS flight.
Originally Posted by flatlander
There are four flights a day to Boston with BA, plus various reroutings via New York or even Chicago, if your flight from Edinburgh goes wrong in some way.
Only if it was booked as a connection (rather than two separate bookings)
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
When you check in for the EDI-LHR flight you can also check in for the LHR-BOS flight

BAs minimum connection time in t5 is 60 minutes. That's not the minimum time you can physically doing the connection, that's what BA is prepared to allow,, including time for delays where the vast majority of people will make the connection.

From a UK domestic flight you do not clear security again, just follow the signs to flight connections, get you boarding pass checked and go up an escalator
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:30 am
Suspended

A few years ago I regularly connected from short-haul to a BOS flight, the timings worked out that I had 65 mins for the connection. Aside from a couple of cases (aircraft faults, weather, etc) it didn't pose a problem. 90 minutes should be plenty and, as others have said, if problems occur then they'll throw you on another BOS flight instead.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:41 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by WorldLux
Originally Posted by CMH1k
...all one ticket.
I do recommend reading the posts in the thread before pointlessly confusing the issue at hand.
markle and :D! like this.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
When you check in for the EDI-LHR flight you can also check in for the LHR-BOS flight
Just a heads up on US flights: Around 20-25% get SSSS, then you can not get BP online, but need to collect it at a checkin-desk or transfer-center. Should be possible to get it at checkin at EDI if it fails to come out online.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Thanks to all, very helpful.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by WorldLux
Which it is, as per the OP's response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.