Miami Lounge confusion

Old Sep 17, 2018, 7:35 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by frasier
Ok FT hive
I’m connecting from Charlotte to London via Miami arriving MIA on AA and leaving on BA as OWE BA GGL - should I stay in AA lounge and then take the trip to E or take my chances in E.

If I stay in D assume it’s an all airside transfer so no security? Apologies but whilst I’ve flown in and out of MIA never connected before and FT is a mine of info - it even persuaded me to get a bus at ORD a week ago from T3 to T5 which worked perfectly! Thanks in advance
On arrival from CLT I suggest you go to the Flagship Lounge near gate D30. From there you can make your way to the E gates for your BA flight. It's not a particularly long walk at 10-15 mins and you're airside the whole time with no security to pass through.
Lefly and wanderingjock like this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: AA : BA
Originally Posted by frasier
Ok FT hive
I’m connecting from Charlotte to London via Miami arriving MIA on AA and leaving on BA as OWE BA GGL - should I stay in AA lounge and then take the trip to E or take my chances in E.
The E lounge has re-opened as an AC so the D30 Flagship is the better option
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Avis Presidents Club, Majestic Platinum*
Thanks

Originally Posted by golfmad
On arrival from CLT I suggest you go to the Flagship Lounge near gate D30. From there you can make your way to the E gates for your BA flight. It's not a particularly long walk at 10-15 mins and you're airside the whole time with no security to pass through.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Is the "BA" Lounge in MIA BA operated? I am a bit confused...

I am on a non-rev ticket, so if not BA operated, I can't enter with my Silver card.

Thanks.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 8:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
No, the Premium Lounge is a bit of a hybrid. It was a prototype for a oneworld lounge brand, which didn't really develop into the global facility that was underlying intent. My guess is that AA is the lead operator in MIA, but AA, BA, IB and QR ground agents staff the check-in desk in line with the relevant flight schedule. Other attempts at this in HKG and LAX have ended up with a clear lead operator, QF in both cases, whereas in MIA this is a bit fuzzy. The problem for you, potentially, is that when you hand over your boarding pass in this lounge it will be passed to the BA staff member, who then use their skill and judgement as to admission criteria. I haven't a clue about how non-rev in MIA works.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Unfortunately the lounge in E at MIA is definitely AA owned and operated, just not branded AAdmirals Club anymore. I've made enquiries with BA about this before regarding a GGL extra guest and eventually the station manager got back to me with the answer.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy

I am on a non-rev ticket, so if not BA operated, I can't enter with my Silver card.

Thanks.
I’ve accessed the MIA AA Flagship lounge on a non-rev ticket before, using my BA silver card...
BingBongBoy likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by wingtip428

I’ve accessed the MIA AA Flagship lounge on a non-rev ticket before, using my BA silver card...
Thanks for that. Always worth asking
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, PPL/IR
HI, I note the oneworld website suggests that the AA lounges close at 2230 (and the Premium lounge has closed?) - is there no provision beyond that time for the BA210 which leaves at an ungodly 0020? Mind you I guess it boards at 2330 or so so not that long.

Cheers
Crowe
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:16 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by crowe
HI, I note the oneworld website suggests that the AA lounges close at 2230 (and the Premium lounge has closed?) - is there no provision beyond that time for the BA210 which leaves at an ungodly 0020? Mind you I guess it boards at 2330 or so so not that long.

Cheers
Crowe
When does the 210 change to 0020? It's currently an hour earlier. It's normal practice for the lounge to remain open until the last flight has been called.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:38 am

Programs: AA : BA
Originally Posted by golfmad
When does the 210 change to 0020? It's currently an hour earlier. It's normal practice for the lounge to remain open until the last flight has been called.
March 11 - coincides with the change to daylight saving from EST, (until EU clocks change April)
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:17 pm
sgh
Suspended

Programs: AA 2 MM, AA Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I will be traveling on Qatar Airways Business Class in March 2019 from MIA to Doha to Mumbai. I am an AA Platinum and will be on a AA miles award ticket on Qatar Business Class. Does anyone know what lounge will I have access to in Miami? Is it the Concourse E Admirals Club? or is it another lounge ? Also as a AA Plat traveling in Business Class will I have access to the MIA Flagship Lounge? Thanks.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by sgh
I will be traveling on Qatar Airways Business Class in March 2019 from MIA to Doha to Mumbai. I am an AA Platinum and will be on a AA miles award ticket on Qatar Business Class. Does anyone know what lounge will I have access to in Miami? Is it the Concourse E Admirals Club? or is it another lounge ? Also as a AA Plat traveling in Business Class will I have access to the MIA Flagship Lounge? Thanks.
All of the AA lounges including the D30 flagship.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:53 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The Premium lounge in E referenced upthread is also the designated lounge for QR, and has QR staff on duty there before departure to help out with boarding passes and luggage questions. But you are free to use the AA Clubs in D if you prefer.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I vote for the D30 flagship. It took us about 15 mins from the lounge to E satellite gates on Tuesday night and with a baby in a buggy. Given that the lounge at the E gates isn't even at the satellite, I estimate that the use of D30 flagship only really adds 5mins to your journey.

It's a very good lounge. We had fun trying to make our own cocktails and the food was fresh and interesting.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.