Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miami Lounge confusion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: BAEC
Used the Flagship lounge, on a xmas trip to Jamaica. Flying Club (but they mapped this to First for the MIA-KIN legs on AA) but was back a blue after the tier points had expired.

Thought the food and beverage options leave the standard galleries options far behind. It was easy enough to get from the lounge to E gates, if a bit of a long walk and a short tram ride.

Especially liked the 3 local Miami beers they had in the fridge, and the chicken enchilada soup.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 3:31 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Just to welcome you to Flyertalk streamlines, and I'm glad to read about your positive experience in the AA Flagship lounge. The tram /transit doesn't save much time in this scenario, the airport map is somewhat deceptive, but if you have a lot of luggage it may be worth it. I hope we will see more of you here, welcome on board.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thanks for the advice re the Flagship lounge. In there at the moment and I’m very impressed. Nice place to hang around for a couple of hours. Food / drink offerings excellent
Old Apr 27, 2018, 1:06 pm
Suspended

Lounge mia

hi all we are flying from MIA to LHR soon and we are on BA club class can one of you experts tell me what lounges we can use and also where they are
we mainly fly BA but never have time to use the lounges but im going to make time this time
Old Apr 27, 2018, 1:19 pm
Suspended

D30 AA lounge Miami Lounge confusion
Allow extra time to get to E gates.
rracks55 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA GFL. AA EXP. Amex Plat. Mucci.
For clarification, Gate D30 AA Flagship Lounge. Allow an extra 15 minutes to get from this lounge to the E Gates for departure.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Haven't been to the new flagship at Mia but if it's anything like lax new flagship, go to the premium lounge concourse e. Lax way too busy, hence my comment

If its like the JFK flagship, go there.

Assuming the premium lounge is still open as haven't been to the e concourse for a while.

Edit. The only problem though with e lounge is the rules have been relaxed for entry last year, so I imagine is probably just as busy

Last edited by crazyarmadillo; Apr 27, 2018 at 2:19 pm
Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Sen, Delta Skymiles Gold
The FlAAgship lounge at gate D30 is by far the nicest option. It is newly renovated and the food and booze are actually decent. I wouldn't bother with the premium lounge in the E concourse. It has gone very much downhill. There is hardly any food and they no longer serve champagne. Very limited choices in booze.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:47 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by gordon0808
The FlAAgship lounge at gate D30 is by far the nicest option. It is newly renovated and the food and booze are actually decent. I wouldn't bother with the premium lounge in the E concourse. It has gone very much downhill. There is hardly any food and they no longer serve champagne. Very limited choices in booze.
I agree. It's very poor and to be polite, a dump. Needs refurbished, totally!
Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA, AA, Air NZ
Bearing in mind there are two BA flights a day + Iberia, this place is a disgrace.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:59 pm

Well, it must have gone way downhill then since last time I was in there. So go flagship it would seem. Premium lounge must have gotten bad then . Good to know so won't waste time walking there next time I have time. I imagine it must have been AA changing rules entry there when flagship was being built.

Anyone know how busy the flagship is??

Last edited by crazyarmadillo; Apr 27, 2018 at 3:10 pm
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:43 pm

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

this link to the AA forum ongoing MIA lounge thread may be of interest to folk, if you didnt know already.

Edit . Can't get link to work so just search or Google it

Last edited by crazyarmadillo; Apr 27, 2018 at 5:18 pm
Old Apr 27, 2018, 5:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gordon0808
Originally Posted by PETER01
I agree. It's very poor and to be polite, a dump. Needs refurbished, totally!
Originally Posted by klapka
Bearing in mind there are two BA flights a day + Iberia, this place is a disgrace.
I was just at E yesterday - My AA flight was leaving from E and the E premium security had no line - through in two minutes. The lounge is dated, but near empty. There was a good selection of American style sandwiches on different types of breads, cheese, crudite, pitas, dips, and some cold salads.

E is definitely no as nice as the D30 Flagship Lounge nor does it have as nice a spread, but you are happy with some good sandwiches and wraps, go through the E security channel and save a bunch of time, plus you are really going out of your way if you to D30 assuming the BA flight is from E.
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 12:16 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by rracks55
hi all we are flying from MIA to LHR soon and we are on BA club class can one of you experts tell me what lounges we can use and also where they are
we mainly fly BA but never have time to use the lounges but im going to make time this time
Forgive my confusion, but haven’t we been here before? From this very thread, you already seem to be a CW traveller and MIA lounge user:

Originally Posted by rracks55
we was club and used it
So to allow the community to best guide you, exactly what fresh advice - given the lounge provision has not changed - are you looking for?
Old Sep 17, 2018, 7:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Avis Presidents Club, Majestic Platinum*
Arriving AA departing BA

Ok FT hive
I’m connecting from Charlotte to London via Miami arriving MIA on AA and leaving on BA as OWE BA GGL - should I stay in AA lounge and then take the trip to E or take my chances in E.

If I stay in D assume it’s an all airside transfer so no security? Apologies but whilst I’ve flown in and out of MIA never connected before and FT is a mine of info - it even persuaded me to get a bus at ORD a week ago from T3 to T5 which worked perfectly! Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.