Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Poll: T5 Elemis Spa in J - did you get an appointment?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Poll: T5 Elemis Spa in J - did you get an appointment?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2017, 10:46 am
dnw

[dupe sorry]
Old Dec 17, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
What's T3 like? My flight to MIA on Friday departs before 09:00, so You First told me I couldn't book anything as their appointments don't start until 08:00, though the spa does open at 07:00. They suggested I try on the day.
As of late, T3 often only has one employee working at a time. In another thread somewhere I've posted the concurrency rates at each spa and the number of appointments that may be prebooked when traveling in F. It's something like 3 in T5 south, and one concurrent treatment in the other spas (this ignores the chair treatments). Passengers in F can prebook one of the slots in T5 south (so you can almost never prebook two appointments at the same time) and less than 1 slot per average in the other spas (they need to leave some slots open for day of departure). So even T-28 days with a five hour connection, I've had times where as a couple we could only get one booking at T3.

Quite simply the spas are far understaffed at peak hours relative to the demand. The best option at T5 is to prebook the Be Relax spa in T5B and pay for a treatment.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
What's T3 like? My flight to MIA on Friday departs before 09:00, so You First told me I couldn't book anything as their appointments don't start until 08:00, though the spa does open at 07:00. They suggested I try on the day.
And they stop appointments at 17:00, too. Ridiculous.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
ive currently got a treatment approximately 4/5th of the time and the times I've not had a treatment I've been lucky enjough to get a massage. They did mess up a booking a fortnight ago so they kindly gave me a treatment before my flight on Friday up to Manchester and provided me with a small 🎁.

LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by navylad
ive currently got a treatment approximately 4/5th of the time and the times I've not had a treatment I've been lucky enjough to get a massage. They did mess up a booking a fortnight ago so they kindly gave me a treatment before my flight on Friday up to Manchester and provided me with a small 🎁.

Oh, nice! How was your papaya enzyme peel?
Old Dec 17, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Oh, nice! How was your papaya enzyme peel?
i dont know, not used it yet, I'll save it for a FT Do next year ;-)
Old Dec 17, 2017, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by navylad
You’re luckier than me! In the spring, I had a confirmed booking at the spa both ways (t3 out t5 back) for an F ticket. Outbound they had no trace of the booking at the spa so called GGL to confirm the source of the issue and reconfirm return booking... which was instead mistakenly cancelled! I didn’t even get a ‘sorry’ from either spa or GGL line, let alone a present (would have been nice!)
Old Dec 17, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Since it's a POLL, I just honestly answer this. I got ONE treatment YEARS ago when credited to AA (BA ticket, flying CW), my wife even bought some product after the treatment.
Since then, we probably had been blacklisted. Not a chance even with 5 hours layover. 1 time it's very close, my flight time is 7pm, they have treatment at 6:15pm but will not give to me since they said it must be 1 hour before flight.
Markie likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
Tried to book a spa treatment for 21st Dec, 3 weeks ago. I have a 2+ hour mid-morning layover, travelling in F (paid ticket, GCH, if it makes a difference). Absolutely nothing available - pathetic.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
I guess the underlying question is BA falsely advertising this service? Without being able to forward book and assuming that customers arrive at the advised time (say 2.5 hours before departure on long haul, giving time to clear security and walk to the spa) and have to be at the gate 30 minutes before departure there seems to be very little chance of getting any sort of treatment.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Virgin Red
Can't even get one pre-booked when travelling in F... Called YouFirst last week for a booking on the 30th, told there was nothing for the whole day... My girlfriend will be quite disappointed when we turn up and inevitably there are no walk-up appointments either... It does seem like a false benefit to me, if it is so badly understaffed as other posters on here would make me believe. Any tips for getting an appointment? Is it worth calling YouFirst again? Many thanks.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Always at JFK, (close to) never at LHR when walking up a few hours before my flight. At the arrivals lounge I almost wonder why they bother as they have at most two people on when I've been there (and they have to cover reception too). In terms of booking when travelling in F @Pearcey606 I've not be lucky a week out, but booking 28 days in advance normally works out OK.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Pearcey606
Can't even get one pre-booked when travelling in F... Called YouFirst last week for a booking on the 30th, told there was nothing for the whole day... My girlfriend will be quite disappointed when we turn up and inevitably there are no walk-up appointments either... It does seem like a false benefit to me, if it is so badly understaffed as other posters on here would make me believe. Any tips for getting an appointment? Is it worth calling YouFirst again? Many thanks.
This is very common. I would call back again and again. In my experience booking 30 days doesn't work.

One thing though ....dont get excited about this. Its ok but spa treatments when full clothed don't really work.

In the good old days T4 had a steam room and proper massage tables.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 3:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Virgin Red
Thanks @binman and @LondonAndy, not getting too excited about it, just wanted my girlfriend to get her nails done, as it will be her first First, and first time in any T5 lounge. I'll try calling a few more times. Cheers!
Old Dec 19, 2017, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC - Gold
That is basically my question - is it a falsely promoted benefit?

I do wonder how much longer it will last given the change to the white company in J. They don’t really seem to have much of a link left with Elemis other than the handwash in the loos...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.