Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GGL Overnight Line Woes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2017, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
GGL Overnight Line Woes

Called up just now. Re-routed to India

Me: Hi I need to renew my Hilton Honors membership that has expired
<usual id/security checks]
BA: So you wish to get back the Avios that have been deleted from your account?
Me: No, I wish to renew by Hilton Honors membership
BA: Let me check with the back office, you need to revoke your membership correct?
Me: <thinking this is getting a little dangerous> "It's ok, I will call back later. Thanks for you help"

Is this the new normal?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Basically, yes. There are a couple stars in that team, but most are just incompetent.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 10:08 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
is that a normal BA India line or a dedicated India GGL overnight line?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ermen
is that a normal BA India line or a dedicated India GGL overnight line?
It was answered as GGL....
Old Dec 16, 2017, 12:04 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Unless urgent, I suggest you email them. I believe Hilton status is requested from Hilton in batches anyway, so an instant upgrade won't happen in any case.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Unless urgent, I suggest you email them. I believe Hilton status is requested from Hilton in batches anyway, so an instant upgrade won't happen in any case.
^ Agreed. That said, I would say 1) that I have also had excellent service from the Indian night staff, but maybe just like 70% of cases, it's just that it is less automatic than Didsbury which hours I wait for whenever things are not urgent, and 2) I have had big issues renewing my HHon Diamond through the regular GGL team this year so I think somehow there seems to be issues in the process.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 12:42 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Correct. They have a spreadsheet that they send in once every few weeks. Then it takes some time for Hilton to process it. Took me close to a month, but status was renewed no problem. India wouldn’t likely manage/ have access to that sheet anyways, so best bet is to email during daylight hours. It will get done, but as @LTN Phobia says, it won’t be instant.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 1:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
If you make regular use of Hilton they may just comp you to Diamond anyway. I started travelling / staying too late in the year to hit the annual quotas, but was (and am) exceeding them on a pro-rata monthly basis for the part of year I'd been active. After using one of their "4 stays for Gold" accelerators I left it a couple of weeks and called in to request upgrade to Diamond, which was granted.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by LondonCanuck
best bet is to email during daylight hours.

I think the UK team deal with all the GGL emails (I've only ever had replies from the UK-based team) no matter what hours you email, so I think it should be safe to email them any time of day or night. They're very efficient and normally reply within 15 min to 24 hours.

P.S. UK daylight hours are too restrictive in winter
LondonCanuck and orbitmic like this.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Dec 16, 2017 at 3:52 am
Old Dec 16, 2017, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc

P.S. UK daylight hours are too restrictive in winter
Can you imagine?! Next week in Didsbury will be something like 8.10-15.40 or so, and that's as long as clouds don't make it look even shorter! - we'd all be lost!
LTN Phobia, dylanks and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

I understand about the Hilton batching, thanks all.

That wasn't my query though. I just wondered if this is the level of understanding of the GGL "Product" between the hours of 23:59 and 07:00. If that's the case then I will plan my sleeping hours around the world accordingly.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Banana4321

That wasn't my query though. I just wondered if this is the level of understanding of the GGL "Product" between the hours of 23:59 and 07:00. If that's the case then I will plan my sleeping hours around the world accordingly.
They'd understand the Joker (don't use that term though, use its proper name of Gold Guest Redemption) but not worth trying them for more obscure things like the Hilton status or whether your GGL will qualify for a free HEX upgrade, or any other hotel status benefit that comes with Gold etc.

My hints would be:

- Only request bog standard, basic and common GGL things outside UK GGL call centre hours. Hilton status is not one of the things that is worth discussing with non-UK agent.

- Don't request a 6k joker use outside the UK call centre hours. My thinking is that non-UK ones might not be able to access any information on it.

- Deal with them as much as possible by email. They'd action a Joker request, GUF, whatever else by email very efficiently, only requiring a call to confirm the payment, and this is what I normally do unless it is really urgent. It will save having to be up at funny time of the day/night to talk to them.
Banana4321 likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 6:44 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Banana4321
I understand about the Hilton batching, thanks all.

I don't think that's the case. You had a poor agent, that's all.
Banana4321 and orbitmic like this.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
It's 21:45 to 06:00 I believe.
Banana4321 likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 1:14 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by LondonCanuck

Correct. They have a spreadsheet that they send in once every few weeks. Then it takes some time for Hilton to process it. Took me close to a month, but status was renewed no problem. India wouldn’t likely manage/ have access to that sheet anyways, so best bet is to email during daylight hours. It will get done, but as @LTN Phobia says, it won’t be instant.
Based on my experience, it is sent weekly. My last renewal was around the time I was burning some Hhonors points which was interesting. (In terms of room upgrades / status / "entitlement" etc)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.