Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA "to trial free tea and coffee in Euro Traveller" (unconfirmed)

Closed Thread

Old Dec 15, 17, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold

Chatting to a cabin crew member on a flight earlier today, I was told that British Airways will shortly begin trialling complimentary tea and coffee for all passengers in ET on all but the shortest flights - probably bands 2 to 4.

If this is true (and it is of course unconfirmed, even though the cabin crew member seemed absolutely certain about it) it would represent a significant reversal in policy.
TimmyD and ahmetdouas like this.
Old Dec 15, 17, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I mentioned this on 03/12 from a reliable (!) staffer and this was also confirmed by some others....

Will wait and see I guess
Old Dec 15, 17, 1:10 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BA Gold, former BD *G, OZ Diamond Plus *G, VA Gold, AA, DL, EK, QF, Amex
About time too, if this is going to happen. Hopefully there will be water on the tea/coffee cart too.

What might help restore BA's place in the public perception as a 'premium' carrier, would be a complimentary drink and maybe even a snack (as on Lufthansa), perhaps with premium drinks and snacks/hot dishes available to purchase.
Old Dec 15, 17, 1:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
I would welcome the return of the lemon melts. Much prefer this than the previous sandwich offering in ET.
Old Dec 15, 17, 1:15 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond
The BoB coffee was one of the better parts of the service - a lot better than the insipid brown fluid they pour out of the tin jugs. But another sign of the charm offensive maybe?
Old Dec 15, 17, 1:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by madfish View Post
I would welcome the return of the lemon melts. Much prefer this than the previous sandwich offering in ET.
Seconded!
Old Dec 15, 17, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Great news, once confirmed. A sense of civility returns...
kennynik likes this.
Old Dec 15, 17, 1:54 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by madfish View Post
I got the lemon melts in the old domestic non-CE-existent flight and really liked it. I asked here where to get them, and some kind people suggested Amazon.

And here it is, time to return the favour (as I'm convinced that tea and coffee would mean just that, tea and coffee, and maybe water, and biscuits will not be returning):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Island-Bake.../dp/B006DI4QIK

I've always felt they should have kept free tea, coffee and water when they introduced BoB so I hope the rumour is true, plus water.
atcer28 likes this.
Old Dec 15, 17, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia View Post
I got the lemon melts in the old domestic non-CE-existent flight and really liked it. I asked here where to get them, and some kind people suggested Amazon.

And here it is, time to return the favour (as I'm convinced that tea and coffee would mean just that, tea and coffee, and maybe water, and biscuits will not be returning):

Waitrose and the John Lewis food hall which is Waitrose sell them, they were on special offer a while back. They do a chocolate lime version too.
LTN Phobia and lostinlondon like this.
Old Dec 15, 17, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
I've always felt they should have kept free tea, coffee and water when they introduced BoB so I hope the rumour is true, plus water.
Sorry to be a pedant, but they have always kept free water.

This has been rushed through as a result of the disruption last weekend, and is not necessarily permanent. However, if enough people write positive feedback (for a change), perhaps it can be.
Old Dec 15, 17, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by LordBuckethead View Post
Sorry to be a pedant, but they have always kept free water.

This has been rushed through as a result of the disruption last weekend, and is not necessarily permanent. However, if enough people write positive feedback (for a change), perhaps it can be.
When BoB was first introduced water was not free, it was only after complaints. And no other airline that does do BoB (former full service carriers) makes you drink the stored water and does pour from a bottle.
Old Dec 15, 17, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer View Post
When BoB was first introduced water was not free, it was only after complaints. And no other airline that does do BoB (former full service carriers) makes you drink the stored water and does pour from a bottle.
In the very first BOB Q&A posted on here it stated that water was free, it has never been charged for and no one at BA ever said otherwise. If you think differently, please post a source.
I have no problem drinking tap water. There's too much unnecessary plastic packaging and trucking water round the UK and world as it is. YMMV.
Old Dec 15, 17, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hertz PC, BAEC Silver
It’s hardly a trial: they always used to serve tea and coffee.
Old Dec 15, 17, 3:12 pm

Personally Iíve not heard this. I know they were loading free tea and coffee for customers in ET over the last few days as a way of giving something back after the disruption last week. This was to be served at the discretion of the SCCM.
I believe this this has now stopped being loaded, and wasnít aware it was part of a trial for a wider roll out. Itís be nice if it was, but Iím not holding my breath!
Old Dec 15, 17, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Turkish Miles&SmilesElite;; Freccia Alata Plus; Amex Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold Elit

My local Waitrose sells them. Very popular in this household!

Search this Thread