20,000 Lifetime Tier Points - what next?

Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
Originally Posted by THEOBCMAN
I have done 18,000 TP in 9 months and will be LTG in 2 weeks time for which I am short of 200 TP.
@380Flyer - WOW - If you dont mind me asking what sort of flying schedule does it take to get 18000 in 9 months ?? Is most of this in F ?
Just curious (And very jealous!)
10 1st class intercontinentals a month for 9 months...... I wouldn;t be jealous!!
Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by THEOBCMAN
(And very jealous!)
At 210 TPs per F sector, that is 9-10 sectors per month, so realistically could be something like an India to US return every 2 weeks for the 9 month period (approx). Whilst, yes, it may have the allure of F travel, it is categorically not something I could be jealous of. Ever.
oxtailsoup likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by rossmacd
At 210 TPs per F sector, that is 9-10 sectors per month, so realistically could be something like an India to US return every 2 weeks for the 9 month period (approx). Whilst, yes, it may have the allure of F travel, it is categorically not something I could be jealous of. Ever.
Agreed. I have 9 short and 9 long sectors coming up between now and xmas and I already find that daunting, and that's "only" in J although not all on BA any more. I have to wonder how productive some people must be at their long-haul destinations when they are there relatively shortly before returning to then repeat over and over again. Travel sometimes sounds glamorous, but rarely is these days.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
People will have varying views on this. As someone who only flies 3-4 long haul per year it sounds good and I would actually like to gve it a crack for a year (The long haul commute). I genuinely do enjoy every aspect of travelling, including BA CW, (My usual means of travel) - but thats me, a rather lowly, infrequent traveller. Might be different for someone with a million TP's !
Old Oct 10, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Congratulations!! You have reached C-W-S Level 2. Keep going! You only have 98 more levels before you reach Tin at Level 100. A free set of Tin coloured eye mask and earplugs is on its way to you. Useful if you end up on the main deck of our fabulous 747-800s.

Seriously, well done you for enduring and / or enjoying a lot of time in the air and at airports. #onelife
Old Oct 10, 2018, 7:11 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by golfmad
I have sympathy with your position.

I have slightly more lifetime TPs but I'm older than you. I could make LTGGL with another 5-6 years at the rate I've been going for the last 6 years but who knows whether that will happen. I've been tempted to switch to other frequent flyer programs but so far have not. If I make it to LTGGL it will have been a good decision as it would be handy to have the benefits associated with it during retirement in order to assist using our stash our Avios. Only time will tell.
just beware that lifetime for the present ffp, not your life...
Old Oct 10, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Some times choices made when spending far too much time on a plane do not sound so wise.
I remember when I had done more than enough weekends in various parts of Asia/Aus/subcontinent on my own, I decided to try to fly back for most weekends if it could be done. There are only so many times one can go to the Taj Mahal on one's own, or visit the Club in Calcutta, or catch the tram to St Kilda's beach. Hawaii on my own was not the fun that I expected, neither was touring Delaware - although I liked the old DuPont area.
So I found myself arriving at LHR on a Saturday early morning, and flying off on a Sunday, back to somewhere in Asia.
wanderingjock likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.