Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not ticketed, now it got me too

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2017, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC "I'm blue Da ba dee da ba di", Skywards Blue, Miles & More (very passive)
Not ticketed, now it got me too

I wanted to check in for my flights tomorrow and got errors in the app and on the website. In my lunch break I called the Bremen call center and apparently the booking was not ticketed.
I made a few bookings at that time (April), so I didn't notice that the credit card wasn't charged - yes, I know better now. An email for a refresh of the code from the credit card was not mentioned nor did I receive one.
However the lady took the code again, forwarded everything to the supervisor and about 20 minutes later, the charge appeared on my credit card and I was able to check in. PHEW!

Lessons learned:
- Check that everything is paid and ticketed
- Sometimes a call can fix things quickly
- The hold for the call center was faster than the usual hold for Heathrow. Only about 5 minutes.

Interestingly I was able to check in for the first leg of the flights back on Sunday too, Seq. 001!
Old Dec 15, 2017, 6:13 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes a useful reminder to always check that you have been ticketed, a regular feature on this forum for the regulars. The easiest way to see this is on the More Flight Details page of the App. This is particularly true if the booking was amended in some form, and also important to check if OLCI doesn't work. It's getting to the airport with 10 minutes to spare where it can go bad.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Is the presence of a 125 number in the booking a guarantee that the sector is ticketed correctly?

I raised this issue in a thread a month or two back, where I added the return leg of a 2-4-1 booking. The correct amount was taken from the card and new eticket numbers appeared, yet no avios were deducted. The feeling was on the thread that it will all be fine... but I'm still a bit concerned. Obviously not keen on calling BA to check!
Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by TraumaDoc
Is the presence of a 125 number in the booking a guarantee that the sector is ticketed correctly?
Nothing in life is guaranteed apart from death and taxes, but a 125 number in your booking is almost the next best thing.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by TraumaDoc

I raised this issue in a thread a month or two back, where I added the return leg of a 2-4-1 booking. The correct amount was taken from the card and new eticket numbers appeared, yet no avios were deducted. The feeling was on the thread that it will all be fine... but I'm still a bit concerned. Obviously not keen on calling BA to check!
In my experience, the mere presence of a BA 125- ticket number is not a guarantee that everything is OK, at least in those cases where you've amended the booking. Often the original ticket number will be shown on the booking, but this will need to be re-validated (to reflect a minor change that can be handled under the original ticket number), or the ticket will need to be re-issued if sectors are added or amended (producing a new ticket number). You will not be able to get on the flight if re-validation or re-issuing has not taken place in these situations. How you go about sorting this out depends on whether the ticket was booked directly with BA, or through a travel agent. In the case of re-issuing, at least, you can sometimes see from looking at the Classic CheckMyTrip website that the detailed itinerary in the booking does not match the ticketed itinerary and that further action is needed.

As you've noted an explicit change in ticket number then I expect everything will be alright in your situation.
TraumaDoc likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If you have not made any changes to your e-ticket, its number 125-, is what you are looking for. If you have made any changes, make certain that the ticket coding still shows the 125- and that the routing details (not the printed itinerary) are correct for every segment.

Bear in mind that terms such as bookings, PNR's, record locators and the like are pointers for a database, but are not your e-ticket.
TraumaDoc likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thanks for your help folks. Sounds like all will be fine... If not there are worse places in the world than NY to be stuck!
Old Dec 16, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Check-in status unknown

Had a recent problem with my e-ticket number. Trying to OLCI for the first BA leg of an ex-EU to Japan using BA-coded JAL flights from LHR, I got the error: "Check-in status unknown. We could not get your E-Ticket number". The receipt looked normal, and the ticket had been purchased from BA by phone. At T5 first check-in outgoing to MAD, after a quick phone call , my return BP was printed.

But the next day departing from LHR, JAL could not check me in. They asked for my e-ticket number (that was on my previous BP), but were unable to enter it. Eventually the agent went with me to the BA ticket desk, but after 10 minutes two agents were unable to reissue my ticket (they said that the e-ticket number could not be changed). Eventually a more experienced agent knew what to do, and after that JAL could issue my BP. And fortunately there was no problem with the return.

Moral: if you get this error, allow plenty of time to get it fixed. It took me over 30 minutes to check in with JAL!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.