Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Random Avios Deductions - Known Problem?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2017, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Random Avios Deductions - Known Problem?

I had reason to call BAEC today to report a deduction from my Avios balance. A very small amount of Avios had been deducted with the description "Avios part-payment Booking Reference: XXXXXX Part-payment for flight".

The PNR listed was that of a RFS booking that I had made some months ago, but called up last week to change the times (new availability had opened up that suited my schedule better). I originally thought that they had charged me again in error, but the original booking was only 9k and this weird sum of 17k was deducted. It got me thinking that this may have been an account hack/intrusion, so called to make sure that there was not something more sinister going on.

I know errors and mistakes happen, but something that the BAEC agent told me was that this was a "known problem" after she had checked with a colleague. She did not want to elaborate on what this was about, so I open it to the collective forum if they have more information?

In any case, the Avios have been returned already so no real issue. May be worth keeping an eye on your balances after any transactions on your account to make sure there are no anomalies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.