£300 voucher for delay

Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Originally Posted by MrMutton
Not a comprehensive study by any means, but three people who's profile say they are GCH mention upthread that they got £300 vouchers - do your friends have status? Could that be the factor?
I was also flying long haul and in Club World so they may be the criteria?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 6:10 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I have not received anything yet, was on BA799, diverted to NCL and delayed 21 hours to LHR.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
I'm glad to hear that BA are proactively offering a goodwill gesture to many of the passengers who suffered through this ordeal the past few days. Yes, it's a voucher rather than cash, and not a huge sum, but that's in the spirit of trying to make it up to passengers on a future flight, it's more than their legal obligation, and it is certainly useful to anyone who needs to fly on a regular basis.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 6:32 pm

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
My wife received the same email, mines not arrived yet.

i must say if this is BA turning a corner I’m very impressed already!
Old Dec 12, 2017, 6:55 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL/GGL/CCR, BA Amex, Quidco, IHG Spire, Hotels.com Reinstated Gold)
Originally Posted by Firipu
Friends on the NCE-LHR flight that got diverted to CWL on Sunday were "only" offered £100 each
Very interesting. My son (SCH) and his mate are STILL stuck in NCE after their Sun afternoon flight was cancelled. Due back at 2pm today. Given they have both lost 3 days pay shall be looking out for this email
Old Dec 12, 2017, 11:49 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by MrMutton
Not a comprehensive study by any means, but three people who's profile say they are GCH mention upthread that they got £300 vouchers - do your friends have status? Could that be the factor?
My travelling companion on the Zagreb flight also got it - she is silver. We were both in CE.

aks120
Old Dec 12, 2017, 11:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
GCH here who purchased ticket for wife (Blue) on LHR-YYZ which had a long delay and then got cancelled, not received anything.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 12:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you have not done so, you should ring up and check that. The reason being that MMB can give the impression all is well, but then at OLCI it won't proceed.
I haven't called yet, thought I would let everyone else get sorted first. However, as this was a online travel agent booking (eBookers) I went back and looked at some of the details they sent me. Interestingly, in one of the emails it says:

Your flight is a combination of two one-way fares, each subject to its own rules and restrictions. If one of your flights is changed or cancelled, it will not automatically alter the other flight. Changes to the other flight may incur a charge.

I completely missed this previously. Will be calling them too.

Back on topic, I hope more people get some of this proactive compensation.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:06 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by simons1
So your fears about being like a refugee and sleeping on the floor were unfounded then?

Sounds like a 6 hour delay was quite acceptable in the circumstances......
Why bring a negative edge to an otherwise positive thread?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I got £100 for a ~3 hour delay EDI-LHR on Sunday - GCH in Y.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by polemarch
Still nothing for me, but just spoke to BA, filing my claim to GGL line for the hotel etc.. and asked about these, the lovely agent said they are aware these are being sent but she wasn't sure what the eligibility criteria are, but asked me to include my query together with the receipts I emailed them. We shall see...
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by polemarch
This £100 is presumably (?) in the form of a voucher to be applied against the cost of a future BA flight, rather than cash.

If so, do we know if there are any special T&C’s / restrictions relating to its use ?

Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Oneworld
Originally Posted by Dambus

Why bring a negative edge to an otherwise positive thread?
It's fine, he was referring to my own comment in another thread. I was worried about being obliged to check-in at the original time of departure (which I did) when BA knew full well that we could not leave before the delayed inbound flight from London had arrived and turned around.
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load

This £100 is presumably (?) in the form of a voucher to be applied against the cost of a future BA flight, rather than cash.

If so, do we know if there are any special T&C’s / restrictions relating to its use ?
This is what the email says - presumably some T&C will be attached to the actual email voucher once it arrives.

As we weren’t able to deliver the service we wanted to, we would like to offer you a gesture of goodwill and offer you a voucher for £100 off a future flight.

You will be receiving this voucher by email within the next 7-10 working days.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:23 am

Programs: Some
One CE and one ET cancellation each on Sunday for me but nothing yet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.