Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde years - programme alert

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2017, 4:12 am

Programs: DL-Gold; BAEC-Newbie Silver
I also liked this one from the BBC from a couple of months ago, no ads and stuff...

Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:52 am
bil

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by subject2load
@bil - interesting stuff, just had a quick check of the website and it looks very good.

A little bemused by the special privilege allegedly reserved for the ‘Royal Family’ - would this be the British Royal Family ? If so, are they regular visitors to the Intrepid Sea-Air-Space Museum, I wonder .......?
Is there any other Royal Family? And I would suspect they don't. However, I do know that BA staff get free access to the museum and the Concorde as part of the lease contract.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:30 am

Another option is the Brooklands Museum. Lots of other planes as well (double bed complete with seat belt on one royal plane !) and they have an original Concorde simulator.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
And at the Air & Space Museum in Seattle where "my" Concorde sits, open for inspection, BOAG. There's an AF Concorde at the IAD branch of the Smithsonian for those on this side of the Atlantic. Is there a link for the Bristol Do?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: OS FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Originally Posted by bil
except in the first row — which we where told it's reserved for the Royal Family
I’m not sure if I have quite the right royal credentials but I checked my pictures and I definitely sat in those seats in 2014
bil likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: UA-SIL MR-TIT HYT-GBL IHG-PLT HH-DIA WYN-PLT AMEX-PLT
The French Air and Space Museum at Le Bourget has two — including one with all the flight test equipment from certification in it.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by csutter

I’m not sure if I have quite the right royal credentials but I checked my pictures and I definitely sat in those seats in 2014
You did well ^ - even if it was just on the ground !

Seat assignments were seemingly often a niggle even for supersonic jetsetters. I was half-expecting to spot a post from you in this thread, back in the day when Concorde was still flying, but then realised that (like me) you weren’t an FT member at the time ...........

Concorde Row 1 Denied After OLCI Confirmation

bil likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by popmagnet
It's on Demand 5 too. Related question: where's the best place to visit a Concorde in the UK? Ideally I'd like to be able to look around the cabin and maybe even the cockpit if possible.
The Concorde at the (Scottish) National Museum of Flight at East Fortune Airfield, just outside Edinburgh lets you inside with no booking etc necessary. You can poke around in the galley opening storage lockers etc; you can't go into the cockpit, and you're not supposed to sit on the seats (there is a tape barrier, but if no-one's looking .... )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.