Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Alert for anyone with future booking LBA - LHR or LHR - LBA flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Just want to give the heads up to anyone with a future booking with BA for Leeds - Heathrow routing. On Saturday I received notification from MyFlights app, that our booking for next July had changed. Note this is from an external source, I have NOT yet received any email or other contact from British Airways.

So prompted by MyFlights, I looked on the BA App. We are booked with BA to fly LBA - LHR, LGW - YYZ, ORD - LHR arriving 10.25am, then departing LHR 12.45pm - LBA.

I see that flights LBA - LHR and LHR - LBA have been cancelled. BA have automatically booked us on to alternative flights, however the new flight time for LHR - LBA is 9.20am, i.e. an hour BEFORE our our flight from ORD actually lands!

I tell my husband we're going to have to change our travel plans, and he said he was chatting with a colleague the day before, who was saying British Airways are cutting half of their weekly flights on the Leeds - Heathrow route. When I searched for alternative flight times I found that there are now only two flights to Heathrow on our outbound flight, and more crucially only one on our return back to Leeds - the one BA have booked us on, that leaves before we land at LHR! At the time of booking I recall there being several spread over the whole day to choose from. We're now going to have to start and finish at Newcastle where there are several flights available both days, otherwise a stopover in LHR would be the only option to fly back to LBA the next day which we can't accommodate in our plans.

So I would urge anyone with a Leeds booking to check your itinerary, don't rely on BA to advise you!
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Thanks for this saskew. Note it is being discussed here too:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ation-s18.html
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by florens
Thanks for this saskew. Note it is being discussed here too:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ation-s18.html
Ah thanks Florens I searched prior to posting but couldn't find and current discussion
florens likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by saskew
Ah thanks Florens I searched prior to posting but couldn't find and current discussion
No worries. The search engine is very poor.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Note, that nearly every time change I've had I have never been notified by BA - always by MyFlights. I shall miss it terribly !
Old Dec 11, 2017, 4:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Seems to be variable then, as I was notified straight away for LBA flights in April 2018.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: BAEC
Same for us, we had a cancellation and a timing change in June/July and we both received email and text notifications.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I also turned on marketing preferences in case this made a difference. It didn't !
Old Dec 11, 2017, 7:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kanderson1965
Seems to be variable then, as I was notified straight away for LBA flights in April 2018.
Just noted the same on the thread, but I got emails and texts on each change last week - I have a lot of bookings I need to sort out now!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.