Wiki Posts
Search

White Company pillows in First

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2017, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
White Company pillows in First

Flew to JFK in First and thought the pillows seemed decidedly plumper than normal. Looked at the label and it was White Company branded. Is this the norm now on JFK? I thought it was just Club which had this bedding? Pillow was really nice!
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
They have been changed on all aircraft but for some reason we are not advertising that they are supplied by The White Company.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Hey CIHY is this all routes straight away or is it phased ?
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Well I’ve seen them on all flights that I have been operating so hopefully all flights.
With all the song and dance with the new CW bedding we just were told that we were getting a new pillow in First but no supplier was mentioned, I didn’t know it was The White Company as I don’t have enough time to be taking pilllow cases of to find out.
mikeyfly, Padmeister and volar like this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
I flew BA192 (DFW-LHR) in First 28Nov and had the White Co pillow. I also had an "old" business class blanket (instead of a duvet) in the regular First duvet cover... Was wondering about the "Enhancement" but decided that it might just have been in my seat, could not have walked around and checked the other F travelers duvet...
Old Jun 28, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Well, I flew LHR-TLV in First yesterday (and TLV-LHR on Monday) and they certainly didn't have the new pillows there. I asked about it and the crew very kindly brought me one from CW.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
What's the filling they use? Do miss my down pillows when not at home.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 9:46 pm

It's a modal microfibre filling made to feel as similar as possible to down, whilst being non allergenic. Frankly I find it better than most natural fill pillows.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by Worcester
What's the filling they use?
The crushed and shredded Op-Up dreams of CW pax
Old Jun 28, 2018, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Skimo
It's a modal microfibre filling made to feel as similar as possible to down, whilst being non allergenic. Frankly I find it better than most natural fill pillows.
[in answer to the part I bolded] I don't - it's much nicer than the previous pillows but in my view way, way, less comfortable than feather pillows let alone down ones. It also makes you sweat a lot more.

Many airlines use down pillows in J and F (or even down duvets in F) as do virtually all luxury hotel brands, and I really wish BA had made the same choice (I know that LTN Phobia disagrees). That said, I agree that it is a decent synthetic fill.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 1:14 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by orbitmic

Many airlines use down pillows in J and F (or even down duvets in F) as do virtually all luxury hotel brands, and I really wish BA had made the same choice (I know that LTN Phobia disagrees). That said, I agree that it is a decent synthetic fill.
Ah, I may have caused a misunderstanding here. I definitely prefer a down pillow (that is what I have at home). The only thing is, I like an almost flat pillow which generally is easier to achieve with a down pillow.

I get a mild feeling of upset if I do not get a down pillow in a hotel room even if it's available on request.

So, I am all for BA getting a down pillow!

However, for hygiene reasons a anti-microbe-treated synthetic may well be better... I find that down pillows start to smell quickly. That could be what I was thinking if I made a comment about not wanting a down pillow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.