Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How do I force a stopover option when booking with Avios?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2017, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

This is odd, but as most people know, the Avios Search and Book feature on ba.com loves suggesting a stopover for practically any flight request. I'm trying to book MCT to PHL and I can't get the stopover suggestion to come up. MCT to EWR works without issue. I know the individual flights have availability, but because it is a 23 hour layover, they won't suggest the connection when booking one way; booking separately means I have to pay a pretty penny in APD. Is there any way to manually pull up the stopover option online? I don't want to give the call centre a ring to book this and plead a phone fee waiver if possible.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lowfareair
This is odd, but as most people know, the Avios Search and Book feature on ba.com loves suggesting a stopover for practically any flight request. I'm trying to book MCT to PHL and I can't get the stopover suggestion to come up. MCT to EWR works without issue. I know the individual flights have availability, but because it is a 23 hour layover, they won't suggest the connection when booking one way; booking separately means I have to pay a pretty penny in APD. Is there any way to manually pull up the stopover option online? I don't want to give the call centre a ring to book this and plead a phone fee waiver if possible.
Do you want a stopver or up to a 23:59 transit(layover)?
MCT-LHR-PHL route map

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...care/83274870/

https://www.afar.com/magazine/stopov...the-extra-mile
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Do you want a stopver or up to a 23:59 transit(layover)?
I want a long layover that should be able to be constructed using BA.com's stopover feature on the website, but it isn't coming up for that specific route.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I think you're going to have to pick up the phone for this one.
Ldnn1 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lowfareair
I want a long layover that should be able to be constructed using BA.com's stopover feature on the website, but it isn't coming up for that specific route.
Originally Posted by stifle
I think you're going to have to pick up the phone for this one.
But do not use the word "stopover". That has a different meaning to transit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.