Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Bad weather disruption - UK/AMS/NW Europe - 10 & 11 December 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
BA current newsflash here / London Cancellation list for Tuesday here
Rebooking policy for operating flights on Monday and Tuesday here / EC261 main thread here
ba.com/helpme one stop shop on BA.com giving lots of advice and pointers to where to claim expenses.
For EC261, delay/cancellation compensation is not payable for this event but BA is still liable for the Regulation's “Right to care” provisions. Refreshments can be claimed after 2 hours of delay departing (3 hours for flights longer than LHR-Rome, 4 hours for longhaul), Ł200 guideline for hotels - OK to book your own and charge back. Ł50 guideline for taxis. Meals, drinks and communication costs are also covered. Keep / photo receipts. If on a Buy on Board aircraft, use Avios to buy items - it will be faster to refund. For missing baggage, it's OK to claim essential items, such as clothing, toiletries. Keep / photo the receipts.
Print Wikipost

Bad weather disruption - UK/AMS/NW Europe - 10 & 11 December 2017

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:47 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Cancellations for flights to Switzerland, Monday, 11th December:

BA754 LHR-BSL 1150
BA756 LHR-BSL 1910

BA724 LHR-GVA 0700
BA730 LHR-GVA 1145
BA738 LHR-GVA 1910

BA712 LHR-ZRH 0905
BA720 LHR-ZRH 1915
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to Flyertalk tiesto, and welcome to the BA forum. I hope you're not the real Tiësto, since 07:40 would be rather early for him! He was definitely a GCH at one point, and probably GGL or above. I would assume tomorrow's flight is going to be tricky so indeed a wry detachment from the probable hassles may make it a slightly easier experience. Welcome on board, and good luck tomorrow.....
Thanks, unfortunately I'm not the real Tiesto, no, its a nickname which has somehow stuck over the years! And thanks re tomorrow!
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:50 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by tiesto
Am flying to Basel tomorrow morning from Heathrow, they've already cancelled two of the four flights tomorrow but the 7.40am is still showing on time at the moment so fingers crossed. First time flying at a time when everything has gone to pot so I'm looking forward to it
Welcome to FlyerTalk, tiesto. It’s good to see you here and I hope you stay around. Hopefully you manage to get to Basel in the morning ^

You have an interesting name, if you are the real Tiesto, hello again - I was your seat mate in 1A leaving Vegas back in August, it was a pleasure to meet you if you are that Tiesto.

Werlcome and safe travels.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Stranger things have been known, but I suspect they may play around with flight timings to keep you on BA. But if not, BA at SIN have been known to rebook on Qantas (in the old days) and Singapore, as well as Cathay. I suspect it will be in CW or Business however.
Your mention of CW has called me to arms, and I'm trying my utmost to get on BA16 all the way through. Looks like there's a couple of F seats still available. Been on hold on the GGL line for 30 mins already, which is the first time I've ever had to wait longer than 15 seconds! If that doesn't work out, I'll be doing my best to avoid a downgrade en route.

Others have mentioned this, but sincere thanks again for your calm, collected and hugely helpful guidance to everyone on the board today, CWS. If I was running BA, I'd be doing my utmost to recruit you.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
So if i take the train to T5C and just stay on it will take me to immigration? And i have fast track..
signed
”stranded in the CCR”
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:56 pm

How many longhaul flights are cancelled? other then DOH.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: Exec Club Silver
So I've got two friends who had Avios redemptions on the BA 946 to DUS at 19:40 tonight. Flight cancelled a couple of hours before departure, and they've booked themselves the NH hotel in Earls Court. But they haven't got through after a two hour to CS and the BA app won't let them pick an alternative flight. Is that because its an avios booking?

Has anyone got any insight into loads on the DUS flights for tomorrow? They're both supposed to be back at work in the morning...

Cheers,
Alex B
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:57 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stephem
So if i take the train to T5C and just stay on it will take me to immigration? And i have fast track..
signed
”stranded in the CCR”
Yes. Go to the transit, stay on at T5C, when you get back to T5A you will now be in the arrivals stream and you just go up the lift/escalator where you will be at immigration.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by stephem
signed
”stranded in the CCR”
Hi,

Yes it will ( back at T5 A for the standard arrivals/flight connectinos path)

Regards

TBS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Recently saw LAX and LAS outbound fly over, so longhaul taking off, with 4-5 delays

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
How long before Alex brings out his fluorescent jacket to apologise for the abject weather conditions...and to remind us that the issues are Heathrows and not BAs?

How bad have the cancellations been on non-BA services out of the other LHR Terminals?

M
Will LHR curfew be lifed due to these exceptional circumstances?

I checked flightradar24 and it seems that other airlines less affected. BA must be the worst affected as they use so many stands at LHR and delay effects are multiplied across the fleet, normal for a hub operation.

Just spoke to a friend who was meant to fly to ATH on the 11:55 today that got cancelled. He waited for 9 hours before giving up on BA as they could not fly him to ATH until Wednesday so he booked himself on A3 tomorrow. He is spending the night in a hotel tonight, will he be able to file a claim to BA to pay for the hotel? Or is he no longer protected now that he is flying with A3 tomorrow.
msm2000uk likes this.

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
Well what an awful day. BA429 from AMS sat on the tarmac at LHR for 2 hours. When we got a stand, had to wait another 30mins for someone to operate the walkway. Then they opened the door and wouldn’t let us off for 10 mins.

chaos in the flight connections rebooking bit. As it was 5pm I wasn’t allowed through for the rescheduled 5:25pm. Took advice exited the border went up to departures to zone e. More chaos. They closed the rebooking section.

found a Thai economy ticket for a reasonable price. As it’s at least 3hrs to UK home and BKK home 20mins from Suvarnabhumi so now I’m waiting at T2!

I would have had had to have called to sort out anything with BA and that would have been tomorrow.

hope others fared better.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: HH - Gold, BA - Blue
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Quite simply, I am begging for 2 new runways at LHR and a lot more space. It would have made today's weather an almost non-event.
That doesn't help when they run out of stands to park planes on...
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes. Go to the transit, stay on at T5C, when you get back to T5A you will now be in the arrivals stream and you just go up the lift/escalator where you will be at immigration.
thank you!!
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold
Given all the delays today will LHR be running beyond it's bedtime?

I ask as I'm on BA109 to DXB and it's being pushed back and back and now showing departure close to 0000.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.