Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is BA taking you anywhere nice over the festive period?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is BA taking you anywhere nice over the festive period?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2017, 4:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
CPT over Christmas for me - staying with the in-laws. Sadly could only get a Y avios redemption. I can't wait... also looking forward to trying out the Cathay Pacific first lounge at T3 (whilst trying to keep the wife away from duty-free!)
Old Dec 9, 2017, 4:38 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
back home for Christmas. and then to DUB for a few hours. EWR in F on the 789 (fingers crossed). and their cousins are taking us to HNL for NYE
dylanks likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 4:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Sealink
GBP1399 in J, inc. 4 nts at a good hotel
I'd say thats a good deal. Doing the same the week before Christmas, booked in J £1350 £1450 each including domestic connections and managed to UuA to F both ways. Happy with that.

EDIT as I can't divide £2,900 by 2.

Last edited by BobServant; Dec 9, 2017 at 4:58 am Reason: correction of maths!
Old Dec 9, 2017, 4:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sealink
GBP1399 in J, inc. 4 nts at a good hotel
That's a really good deal Sealink as the 4 nights in a good hotel would be worth at least £4-500 minimum if not more! ^
Old Dec 9, 2017, 4:53 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by maastrichtmouse
I refuse to say BA is taking me somewhere nice because it's taking me from Nairobi to Brussels, and I can't bring myself to use Brussels and nice in the same sentence. However, it does enable me to then take a trip to the UK for Christmas, which will be lovely (though not flying with BA, so doesn't count).
Really the only Nice BA destination is NCE.
orbitmic and WickedStepMother like this.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 5:04 am

Finland. First time for me!

Looking forward to checking out the lounges in T3 too... hopefully they wont be too busy to get into.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Just a hickory hop up to Newcastle on New Year’s Eve for me for a night out before flying back on 1 Jan.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 6:05 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Hogmanay in Edinburgh at the street party.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Looks like the view from the Hilton Strand Helsinki Executive Lounge...?
Well done, you are absolutely correct.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 7:10 am

BA Boeing 777 out to Madrid just after Christmas for a couple of nights then "pretend" Iberia on to Alicante where we'll be staying for a week. I think it'll involve buying house stuff and me painting, decorating and being generally handy but I haven't received my full instructions yet! Then flying back to Madrid and straight onto Heathrow with Iberia on their A340-600.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 7:20 am

Just back from the Berlin Christmas markets,they are very goodStill full of gluhwein.At home for Christmas,young Miss rapidex is doing the voluntary work part of her Duke of Edinburgh's award working on the Nene valley railway.She will be rushing up and down on the Santa specials with trays of mince pies.

Young rapidex has dipped into the household account again,and is taking his charming french girlfriend for a pre Christmas week in BCN,using a couple of RFS then train to the south of France for Christmas with her parents,then NCE-LHR for New years eve in London,thus completing his IHG accelerate challenges to boot.

I shall be in the "Papermills" if anybody needs me.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 8:39 am

Off to Buenos Aires (mad on the Evita story) with British Airways then Iguazzu falls before Rio for New Year.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 9:01 am

Nowhere but thinking of planning something for the next Christmas.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by PETER01
As per the title really!

Nothing for me personally as yet however I am thinking of a visit to the German Markets however a warmer climate might be on the cards.
Usually pop over to Hamburg for a long weekend to see the Xmas markets (and drink a lot of hot chocolate with rum!)
Sadly due to personal circumstances, we didn't go this year. However, on 23, flying to Las Vegas for a week - so I'm happy with that!!

I can strongly recommend Hamburg to anyone who's never visited!
PETER01 likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver, IHG Plat
Off to Oslo on the 24th with BA, then on to NLA with Ethiopian, landing just in time for Christmas lunch at the in laws. They don't know that we're coming, so it'll either be a lovely surprise or a total nightmare for them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.