Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday lounge access changes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2017, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by LSunbury
Can I clarify this? I am off to GVA in Y tomorrow morning with better half (bronze) and elderly Mum (no status). I am currently gold.

I had assumed no Wing and no lounge access but if we can get a bacon roll and cup of tea x 3 that would be great.

From the post above, it appears that if the three of you are on the same PNR, you will be able to guest your other half and mother into Galleries Club (and not Galleries First, as would be the case with only one guest).

I'd suggest checking in at the First Wing, Club desks tomorrow and asking, as the airport agents would probably be best placed to confirm. If you're HBO, you could also just check at the lounge entrance.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 10:15 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by brentford77
As I think has been previously reported BA appear to have relaxed lounge access policies for the school holidays but implementation seems to be a bit of a shambles.
Has any new policy been confirmed? If not, it seems like you're jumping the gun a bit and your criticism is a result of overoptimistic expectations.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:21 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Dan72
Has any new policy been confirmed? If not, it seems like you're jumping the gun a bit and your criticism is a result of overoptimistic expectations.
Post #24 above is straight from the GF Horse’s Mouth as it were and appears to confirm OPs comments?
Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:53 am

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
No problem guesting 2 people into Galleries South this morning as a Gold.
makin'miles likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, *A, Marriott
While I understand this news will be received positively by some people, I was in GC South yesterday around 1 pm, and it was so full, my husband and I had to walk around twice before we found 2 empty seats. I would imagine there will be a few days in the next couple of weeks where it will be even fuller.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:51 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Egoldstein
While I understand this news will be received positively by some people, I was in GC South yesterday around 1 pm, and it was so full, my husband and I had to walk around twice before we found 2 empty seats. I would imagine there will be a few days in the next couple of weeks where it will be even fuller.
I have a somewhat oddball view of things as far as the perceived FT norm is concerned (focus on status-related benefits), but I often think that extra guest access to lounges (or even status-based access) when they are already crowded unfairly disadvantages people who have paid a lot of money to fly CW* and earned the right to be there that way rather than those who gain status-based access from other flying and can use the lounge on that particular occasion despite being on the cheapest ET fare.

I sometimes think it could end up disadvantaging the airlines themselves as it can work as a counter-incentive for those fare-paying passengers from using the airline again (especially when the on-board hard product is allegedly not one of the best, they need to compete on other aspects).

*I am excluding CE here because its bottom price is pretty low
offtothehills likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Dambus

Really? Does this apply to all BA lounges globally or just UK? (Or just LHR?)
And I'm a little confused whether this is BA oly lounges, or OneWorld (i.e. is Cathay Pacific T3 lounge going to suddenly be full of families with children for the next 4 weeks?!)
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by puqui99
And I'm a little confused whether this is BA oly lounges, or OneWorld (i.e. is Cathay Pacific T3 lounge going to suddenly be full of families with children for the next 4 weeks?!)
I’d be very surprised if it applies to CX.

Cathay are of course obliged to honour their standard OW commitments in terms of lounge access. But other than that, I’m pretty sure that any additional flexibility can be agreed or denied at their own discretion, regardless of what may be happening with BA.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I am to understand this policy is BA lounges at LHR only.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by stifle
To date I am led to believe this is the case.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Wink

Originally Posted by stifle
Great (for those of us without kids) to hear!
Old Dec 10, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
So a GGL ( with 2600 tier points) with 5 others, none of whom have status of any kind can access the First lounge. Ok nice deal and some movement from BA on Family front.

I, as a Gold card holder (1500 tier points) and with 3 family all silver cards (3400 tier points) (total 4900 tier points) , get nothing.....or at least no more than I get now.

A gold card holder (1500 tier points ) with 5 non status guests gets the same as I do without the outlay.

"Its the way we make you feel that makes BA a bloody awful airline!"
offtothehills and Flame3601 like this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by binman
So a GGL ( with 2600 tier points) with 5 others, none of whom have status of any kind can access the First lounge. Ok nice deal and some movement from BA on Family front.

I, as a Gold card holder (1500 tier points) and with 3 family all silver cards (3400 tier points) (total 4900 tier points) , get nothing.....or at least no more than I get now.

A gold card holder (1500 tier points ) with 5 non status guests gets the same as I do without the outlay.

"Its the way we make you feel that makes BA a bloody awful airline!"
...and yet evidently a very popular one with you and your family

Regarding the extra lounge access rights: don't we always want the line drawn just below where we are?
offtothehills likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, BONVOY L/T GOLD,
Smile LGW First Lounge

Was told at the First check in desk today that until Jan 13, all GCH can bring in up to 5 guests.
We accessed the First lounge no problem
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Egoldstein
Given that the core of the festive/ holiday season is yet to start, I’d say that your projection is a cast-iron certainty (even allowing for the fact that business travel drops off significantly at this time of year)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.