Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday lounge access changes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2017, 3:46 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Lefly
Are we talking GGL only... or even simple GCH?
If there is indeed a larger a holidays policy I would like something close to an official announcement somewhere...
I can't imagine any announcement until the official start date whenever that may e but I believe it includes normal GCH with access into GF. A helpful gesture in a way over the festive period, but I do fear there may be some fall out surrounding capacity issues. Also, the same customer base who took advantage of said offer at the start of the period may not have the same view of the policy when travelling toward the end of the period as a lone traveller...........just a thought.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, LTG
Originally Posted by Lefly
Are we talking GGL only... or even simple GCH?
If there is indeed a larger a holidays policy I would like something close to an official announcement somewhere...
Goodness only knows what the new policy is. That’s exactly my point!!!
Old Dec 9, 2017, 4:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Starbucks Gold,
Whilst I would benefit from this, flying over Christmas with my wife (SCH) and brother (Blue), so we could all use TFW and GF, I would say that the idea of bringing 5 guests sounds ridiculous! It’s hard enough to find a seat when travelling alone at times, there are never enough menus and staff can be slow at clearing tables - potentially increasing numbers seems folly.

Yes, I totally understand the rationale, and think it’s a nice touch for Mr Gold who travels loads for business but not for leisure with family, but it’s the implementation that concerns me. Will big groups who are unused to travelling clog up security in TFW such that it’s quicker to go Fast Track? Would the compromise be letting GCH take additional guests into GC instead?
Old Dec 9, 2017, 5:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
From what I gather no relaxation of policy and standard guesting rules apply over the holidays I just wonder what people’s sources are for this.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 5:56 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Up to 5 guests? Glad I am not going near the airport during the the next month.....
Old Dec 9, 2017, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Well being able to take the family 1 gold a 3 silver into Galleries First at the end of the year would be a nice treat for them and for me. But this is BA so I wont be holding breath for any sort of family friendly benefit anytime soon.

I am also one of those people who get utterly frustrated by the inept and poorly briefed staff on the ground at LHR, that BA puts in front line customers facing roles in premium areas.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Up to 5 guests? Glad I am not going near the airport during the the next month.....
Seems we have yet to see some sort of official confirmation of any temporary change in admission policy - if indeed there is one ...?

If it IS the case that five guests really are allowed per status member, then how long I wonder before people are escaping a packed lounge in search of a seat and bit of calm in the main concourse .....
Old Dec 9, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by subject2load
Seems we have yet to see some sort of official confirmation of any temporary change in admission policy - if indeed there is one ...?

If it IS the case that five guests really are allowed per status member, then how long I wonder before people are escaping a packed lounge in search of a seat and bit of calm in the main concourse .....
Definitely a temporary policy change on the cards. At the First Wing yesterday, there were copies behind the desk of a new lounge access policy, with a bright yellow ‘temporary’ header.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 8:55 am

I've just had a discussion with the staff at the GF desk in T5. They explained* the rules as follows:

GGL can guest into GF up to 5 as long as on same PNR.
GCH can guest up to 5 into GC as long as on same PNR.
Applies until 13th Jan.

All dependent on capacity.

They did seem very confused on the new rules and couldn't quite work out if I as a GCH could actually bring my family (3 bronze) into GF but told me it was too busy today anyway. Since we're already in CW the ability to guest into GC didn't change the status quo for us.

* with much discussion, consultation of their crib sheet and an admission that as the rules were new, they weren't really sure about them yet.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@aardvarkdave - thanks for passing on specific info. Welcome news for many, no doubt.

But an ill-conceived decision IMHO.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I remember having read about a policy like this one for this past summer, but at the same time I don't remember to have seen more complains than usual about crowded lounges at LHR.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by aardvarkdave
I've just had a discussion with the staff at the GF desk in T5. They explained* the rules as follows:

Applies until 13th Jan.

Really? Does this apply to all BA lounges globally or just UK? (Or just LHR?)

Last edited by Dambus; Dec 9, 2017 at 4:50 pm
Old Dec 9, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by aardvarkdave

Applies until 13th Jan.

They did seem very confused on the new rules and couldn't quite work out if I as a GCH could actually bring my family (3 bronze) into GF but told me it was too busy today anyway. Since we're already in CW the ability to guest into GC didn't change the status quo for us.

* with much discussion, consultation of their crib sheet and an admission that as the rules were new, they weren't really sure about them yet.
Thanks for the info. I will be rolling through LHR on the 13th of January but pretty sure LHR-PRG usually leaves from T3 so I will have some better options so hopefully will not matter to me.
makin'miles likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
Can I clarify this? I am off to GVA in Y tomorrow morning with better half (bronze) and elderly Mum (no status). I am currently gold.

I had assumed no Wing and no lounge access but if we can get a bacon roll and cup of tea x 3 that would be great.

Old Dec 9, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP
OWEs?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.