Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday lounge access changes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2018, 1:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Maybe normal check-in/security had smaller queues than these at First Wing .......... ?
Old Mar 30, 2018, 1:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
One assumes the Club queue is longer?
Old Mar 30, 2018, 2:00 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by fransknorge
And here what it was looking like this morning at Frist Wing
https://twitter.com/FLYSpeedbird1/st...591085057?s=20

There was no one there Wednesday morning! Crazy how much difference a day or two makes. Glad I made my escape early - much more peaceful here by the pool in BKK .
Old Mar 30, 2018, 2:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ All the AMEX Plat things
Originally Posted by gcuk
So having not the got the email (or reading Flyertalk), you wouldn't have known about it if you hadn't checked in at a desk at the airport.
If I heard or read about it subsequently, having sat with the masses in T5 with my wife and 3 children because I was flying HBO, know the lounge rules and don't expect anything beyond them so don't embarrass the lounge staff or myself by asking, I'd be pretty annoyed.
I really don't understand how BA marketing works. I get loads of 'junk' emails from BA but they don't seem to be able to send me the occasional useful one?
I got the email, l have no children and have never flown BA with no more than one on my same bookings!!
Old Mar 30, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Virgin Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH diamond, IHG Platinum
I only got my email yesterday but as I am travelling towards the end of the period perhaps they are sending them in date order or does that assume a level of thought beyond them? The ground staff are meant to proactively manage capacity in the lounges so that they balance out the demand between them as per the guidelines. So Golds could get to take guests to GF if that is quiet enough or they may have to go to GC. They should have a message at check in if they are entitled to the guests. As has been said you can’t take the guests through First Wing security so I think allowing them to check in at First check in is pointless as it is just causing a big queue by the look of it!
Old Mar 30, 2018, 2:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ All the AMEX Plat things
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
One assumes the Club queue is longer?
I would have just used the regular Economy queue. Think the picture posted above should be sent to the DYKWIA thread!

Last edited by Finavia; Mar 30, 2018 at 2:27 am Reason: Typo
Old Mar 30, 2018, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by Finavia
I would have just used the regular Economy queue. Think the picture posted above should be sent to the DYKWIA thread!
I received the email yesterday and we are flying this afternoon. Using the Pod parking so I'll take some photos of the other queues for comparison, unless someone else gets there first.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Just at LHR. The picture of First Check in above in the thread mirrors what it was like 10 minutes ago. The check in queues for Club and Y Are significantly longer than usual (tensa barriers used to the max, queue to get into the tensa area).

GF is a lot busier than usual, but there are still seats available.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 3:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Thank god for T3 . No one at security and CX First lounge still a tranquil oasis as usual.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 3:21 am

Another happy customer:
Old Mar 30, 2018, 4:16 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
It’s holiday season folks, go with the flow.

Happy Easter and safe travels.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 4:35 am

Are they pulling people actually flying in F out of the queue? They did that last year..
Old Mar 30, 2018, 4:39 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I came through the First Wing to CCR at about 0540 today and it was all empty. The passenger numbers today are high - though yesterday was higher - but I suspect like Saturdays it is mainly for the morning. Should be quiet this afternoon.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 4:44 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
When queue gets long maybe create 3 queues

1. Travelling First
2. Checked in online and hand baggage only - turn right
3. Bags to checkin - turn left
Old Mar 30, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
No queue at all at the First Wing or security 10 mins ago. Must have been the early Easter rush.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.