Holiday lounge access changes

Old Jul 13, 18, 11:09 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Any 'dedicated' BA lounge, so will include Gatwick, JFK (if GF was open!)...
Old Jul 13, 18, 11:10 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR; AB Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Is CCR also a ‘dedicated’ BA Lounge?
Old Jul 13, 18, 8:10 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, CX DM, QF GO, AA LT GO, UA SL, LH FT, Marr LT Titanium, Shang DM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton DM
I'm traveling with my wife + 2 children in the next 24 hours transiting LHR T5, in CW...I have CCR while my wife is also Gold (qualified with her own leisure travel), so we're well covered originally for GF anyway. will see if they let us in for CCR. from some previous comments here it seems CCR also included. and I'm transiting in the early hours of the day so capacity shouldn't be an issue.
Old Jul 13, 18, 11:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I have a BA Gold card and will be travelling CE with my wife and 2 children. We get access to GC because of our class of service, does this new policy help us in any way? Can I take the family to GF? Use the First Wing? I think we have to use the normal Fast Track and GC but thought it was worth checking. I haven't received an e-mail from BA about changes to the access rules during the holidays yet either.
Old Jul 14, 18, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by woodey View Post
I have a BA Gold card and will be travelling CE with my wife and 2 children. We get access to GC because of our class of service, does this new policy help us in any way? Can I take the family to GF? Use the First Wing? I think we have to use the normal Fast Track and GC but thought it was worth checking. I haven't received an e-mail from BA about changes to the access rules during the holidays yet either.
You can check in at the First Wing but need to go through regular Fast Track to GC, or you can pick your favourite child and take them to GF
Old Jul 14, 18, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Starbucks Gold (free syrup, don't knock it), My John Lewis (free coffee and cake!)
Oh well, no mail for me so my lowly silver card isn't going to get the 4 of us into GC in August I guess. Pity really that I wasn't still gold when I got the 2 year extension from the May 2017 screw up
Old Jul 14, 18, 4:56 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by tsmnc View Post
Is CCR also a ‘dedicated’ BA Lounge?
Yes. Access granted either by a CCR card*, or a BA First class ticket. You may also bring one guest, provided they have a ticket for a same-day BA flight.

* I’m sure someone with substantially more knowledge than me will be able to fill you in on how to obtain a CCR card
Old Jul 15, 18, 6:56 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR; AB Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Hilde View Post

Yes. Access granted either by a CCR card*, or a BA First class ticket. You may also bring one guest, provided they have a ticket for a same-day BA flight.

* I’m sure someone with substantially more knowledge than me will be able to fill you in on how to obtain a CCR card
I knew the access rules for the CCR. The question is whether this offer is also valid for the CCR (getting CCR access for the whole family), since the email isnt excluding that. I m aware that this would be a bit too generous but I still wanted to ask
Old Jul 15, 18, 7:35 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by tsmnc View Post

I knew the access rules for the CCR. The question is whether this offer is also valid for the CCR (getting CCR access for the whole family), since the email isnt excluding that. I m aware that this would be a bit too generous but I still wanted to ask
Ah, apologies for my confusion
Maybe somebody else can answer regarding CCR access for the whole family?
Old Jul 15, 18, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The extra holiday access is for guests on the same flight, not any flight same day. So for CCR I would expect the same if trying to do this.
Old Jul 15, 18, 8:47 am

I didn't receive the mail but we are connecting through LHR later this month, I am the only one with status (GCH) but everyone is flying CW. Would be a boon on a long layover to use GF
Old Jul 16, 18, 7:20 am

After a Tweet to BA, they confirmed today that this time around the relaxing of the rules only applies to 'Gold Guest List or Gold for Life card holders' as per what the emails were suggesting.
Old Jul 16, 18, 7:42 am

Programs: Mucci Silver, BA GFL / GGL, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, Hertz Gold 5*
Originally Posted by woodey View Post
From memory, this promotion previously allowed Gold Card holders to use GC (not GF) for them and their extra guests. This time around it looks like Golds aren't included in the promotion at all - Mrs TT1F didn't get the email as a Gold, whereas I did as a GGL. Either way with your class of service access, I think there would be no difference for you.

I suspect that the extra impact overall will be very small if it's targeted only to GGLs due to existing extra guest allowance and the partner cards which often go to family. With a GGL and a partner Gold in one family, you can get 5 into GF anyway.

Last edited by ThatT1Feeling; Jul 19, 18 at 2:14 am Reason: amended GfL (lack of) eligibility as per later posts below
Old Jul 18, 18, 9:37 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by hamilan View Post
After a Tweet to BA, they confirmed today that this time around the relaxing of the rules only applies to 'Gold Guest List or Gold for Life card holders' as per what the emails were suggesting.
As a Gold for Life card holder, I rang the Gold line today to check the details of this offer. I was advised that the lounge access offer is not valid for Gold for Life members? has anyone else heard otherwise?
Old Jul 18, 18, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by PilotDad View Post
As a Gold for Life card holder, I rang the Gold line today to check the details of this offer. I was advised that the lounge access offer is not valid for Gold for Life members? has anyone else heard otherwise?
As a follow up to my Tweet to BA and the response I received in quotes above, BA have now subsequently clarified to me that the ‘Gold for Life’ statement was incorrect and the rules for this summer only cover GGL.

Search this Thread