Question about BA Silver Nomination

Old Dec 7, 17, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Question about BA Silver Nomination

Hi,

a friend kindly offered to give me his silver nomination given I travel quite a bit. I want to maximize my status though, and I was wondering what date would help me achieve that. My tier point collection year ends on Dec 8th, but the card expiry date is 31 Jan 2018. Which day would maximize my status? thanks!
Old Dec 7, 17, 4:22 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC Gold (baby extension) Starbucks Gold, Hilton Gold
Although you claim to travel quite a bit you don’t appear to have collected any TPs whatsoever within BAEC

I would inclined to look to transfer any avios out into an avios account and then one a new BAEC account applying the silver card when you have a need for it (assuming that it is within the validity of the nomination).
Old Dec 7, 17, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by madfish View Post
Although you claim to travel quite a bit you donít appear to have collected any TPs whatsoever within BAEC

I would inclined to look to transfer any avios out into an avios account and then one a new BAEC account applying the silver card when you have a need for it (assuming that it is within the validity of the nomination).
That's because I usually travel on AA (based in DFW) and credit everything to AA - nothing else. Having a silver card would come very handy this side of the Pond.
Old Dec 7, 17, 4:29 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC Gold (baby extension) Starbucks Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by oneworld82 View Post
That's because I usually travel on AA (based in DFW) and credit everything to AA - nothing else. Having a silver card would come very handy this side of the Pond.
Hence why I suggested closing your account and starting a new one. You will effectively set a new collection period. Clearly you wonít lose any TPs in closing your account as you havenít got any.
Old Dec 7, 17, 4:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I've not heard of this - could someone explain how it works?
Old Dec 7, 17, 4:48 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

If you can time the nomination to the end of the first month of your new membership year you should be within safe distance to gain silver and hold onto it right the way though to 31 January 2020. However, if you pull the trigger too soon the Silver card will only be valid until 31 January 2019.
Old Dec 7, 17, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
If you can time the nomination to the end of the first month of your new membership year you should be within safe distance to gain silver and hold onto it right the way though to 31 January 2020. However, if you pull the trigger too soon the Silver card will only be valid until 31 January 2019.
so say early jan should be fine?
Old Dec 7, 17, 5:30 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by oneworld82 View Post
so say early jan should be fine?
Yes, I think so. There's a very informative thread about timing the nomination you may find interesting. See, GGL benefits timing
Old Dec 7, 17, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
Yes, I think so. There's a very informative thread about timing the nomination you may find interesting. See, GGL benefits timing
cheers!
Old Dec 7, 17, 9:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL, ELAL Top Platinum
Originally Posted by gypsyjaney View Post
I've not heard of this - could someone explain how it works?
When a member is GGL they can nominate or give partner cards out, they have 1 gold and 2 silver's to nominate, a fabulous perk.

Search this Thread