Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connection in JNB

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by SurreyFlightPath
Re: SLOW Lounge. Lady at check-in said I was fine to use the lounge however upon presenting my J arrival boarding card was told under no circumstances was I entitled or able to use the lounge unless I was in possession of a J domestic ticket! So wasn’t fine I’m afraid.
Thanks for updating, shame about the SLOW access, doesn't feel quite right to me, but there's probably some grey area about it being a 3rd party lounge. SLOW.co.za seems to suggest BA Comair Club customers only - but also allows Gold/Silver/OWE/OWS - but the oneworld lounge locator doesn't mention any of the SLOW lounges as being available in JNB, CPT, DUR...
Pity.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: AA, DL, TK
Originally Posted by Globaliser
FWIW, this may be a useful point for me to repeat my recommended walking route for international --> domestic connections (with which some other FTers agree). It is less crowded than the route you would take if you were simply to follow the signs.

When you emerge from customs, the main public meet-and-greet area is to your right, with the SA re-check facility ahead and slightly to the left. Do not go into the main meet-and-greet area.

Instead keep to the left and turn hard left opposite the SA re-check facility. There is an up escalator here. Go up that. At the top, turn left, exit through the door and turn left again. Walk around the atrium (the public meet-and-greet area is below you at this point). Continue through the corridor lined with shops on both sides (Woolworths is on the left hand side of this corridor).

When you emerge from that corridor, there's an escalator to your right. Go up that, and you will be in the Terminal B check-in area. Comair check-in desks are towards the far end of the building, closer to domestic departures security.
It should be noted that just over a year later, Globaliser’s recommended path is now quite clearly signed as the official route.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Gerbs

It should be noted that just over a year later, Globaliser’s recommended path is now quite clearly signed as the official route.
Thanks for that. Doing LHR-JNB-CPT at Easter albeit all on one J HBO booking so should be as simple as it could be.
Gerbs likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.