Search

Seat 29A and 29K on 747-400

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2006, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Good evening,

Has anyone sat in any one of these seats on the 747? As I undestand it 28A and 28 K are removed, thus giving extra legroom in 29A/29K. I've got 29A, and I would like to know the following. Is there enough room to exit out of the seat going forward, as oppsed to climbing over those seated in 28B and 29C without disturbing them if i need to go to the loo or to stretch my legs?
Old Apr 28, 2006, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by springbok21
Good evening,

Has anyone sat in any one of these seats on the 747? As I undestand it 28A and 28 K are removed, thus giving extra legroom in 29A/29K. I've got 29A, and I would like to know the following. Is there enough room to exit out of the seat going forward, as oppsed to climbing over those seated in 28B and 29C without disturbing them if i need to go to the loo or to stretch my legs?
Yes this is a good seat and you can get out going forward with know problem.
CIHY
Old Apr 28, 2006, 4:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Yes, v good seat - but not as good as 28B/J which are the best WT+ seats in the fleet... #

29A/K 2nd best - great leg room, but whoever is in front of you in 28B/J will definitely not want you climbing past him to get out!
Old May 1, 2006, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by BA Loyal
Yes, v good seat - but not as good as 28B/J which are the best WT+ seats in the fleet... #

29A/K 2nd best - great leg room, but whoever is in front of you in 28B/J will definitely not want you climbing past him to get out!
I was in 28B back in January...didn't make me miss the CW seat I had on the way to London nearly as much as I'd thought.

Having said that, I'm sure the person in 29A climbed through that hole and I don't think I cared at all.

Here is a picture I took of 29A...you can kind of see where the side of 28B ends. I'd say the room to walk through was about a foot wide (there was a table like thing IIRC).
Old May 1, 2006, 11:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Good evening,

You don't mention which class you are travelling in

Assuming that you are in World Traveller Plus, then 29AK are v nice seats to have with a nice exit area ahead of you next to 28BJ.

If you are only in World Traveller (Economy), then row 29 is just a standard economy row

Dave
Old May 2, 2006, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
You don't mention which class you are travelling in
Assuming that you are in World Traveller Plus, then 29AK are v nice seats to have with a nice exit area ahead of you next to 28BJ.
If you are only in World Traveller (Economy), then row 29 is just a standard economy row
Dave
Good point Dave, if the OP is on a 70J 744 then the seats he is talking about are indeed WT+ seats but if he is on the 38J version then they are normal WT.
Although according to seatexpert sometimes 28A&K are removed on these versions as well, making 29A&K great seats with extra leg room.

Very confusing....
Old May 2, 2006, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Yes, I did forget to mention. I will be in World Traveller and some sites suggest that these seats are removed. Sorry for the confusion.
Old May 2, 2006, 2:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes, I did forget to mention. I will be in World Traveller and some sites suggest that these seats are removed. Sorry for the confusion.
I wouldn't bet on 28AK being absent. When you look at the seatmap using MMB does it show the existance of those seats? If they are there, then I suspect that the plane has them. The seat maps that I have seen for BA haven't had them missing

Given that you are in WT, I would be looking at getting online as soon as OLCI is open and seeing if you can grab an exit or bulkhead

Dave
Old May 2, 2006, 5:53 am

Programs: IHG Gold, VS Silver, EK Silver, BA Blue
From my own experience to SFO last year 28K was missing, so I had the pleasure of 29K and the extra leg room.

Don't know if this is the same for all flights so would echo the comments and advice above.
Old May 2, 2006, 7:46 am

Whenever I fly JFK-LHR in WT+ I always try to get 29K using OLCI because I travel with mrs herbchris53 and I am 6'5" so I get unlimited legroom while still sitting next to the wifey. It's a fab seat.

Oh, and when I get up to walk about I generally don't walk in front of the single seat in front if I can help it, but on the odd occasion when I do nobody has complained.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 2:52 am

Programs: BA Blue
Question Children in this row?

Traveling with my wife and son on BA207 LHR>MIA and choosing seats.

29K seems a good option as 28K in front doesn't exit and can utilise the extra legroom, but not sure if it's classed as an exit ROW or just the one J seat?

My son is 9 so is he going to be allowed to be seated in 29H or J, even though they seem to be normal seats and only 29K is an exit seat?

Online checkin seems to let me - with only warning coming when choosing 29K - which will be one of us adults.

Any advice?

Thanks

Steve
Old Mar 17, 2008, 3:01 am

I was in 29K on a 50J 747 recently. There were only two seats in the exit row in front of me (as was clear from the seat map) and it was one of the best long haul flights I've had in Y. Plenty of room to stretch the legs, but no problem with people congregating in front of me (as is the case with row 28), and room to squeeze out forwards.

The caveat is that if the person sat in 28K (whatever they label it) had been larger than she was, had splayed her legs more (now now children, behave yourselves), or had put bags on the floor to her right I may not have been able to get out nearly so easily.

All in all though, I would certainly recommend these seats.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 3:21 am

Programs: BA Au; IHG Pl; Hyatt Au; IC RA; Marriott Pl
I've sat in 29A/K in both WT and WT+, and would add that the reason for the missing seat in front (not made clear elsewhere) is to allow for the bulge on the lower part of the emergency exit door. This does mean the space between 28B/J and this door is somewhat restricted. I have also been reprimanded by FAs when using the bulge as a foot rest, albeit temporarily.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 3:54 am

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, EI Concierge
I did four LHR-HKG trips last year and got 29k every time - it is a wonderful seat. Only once did I get disapproving looks from the traveller in 28j as he decided to use the space between his seat and the door to rest his drinks ( which spilt several times of their own volition)
Old Mar 17, 2008, 3:55 am

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
I managed to blag 28B at T-24 at OLCI for a recent flight to MIA. There was quite a hoo ha during boarding. 29A & B thought they had the exit row and said a mate had sorted it for them. They were whinging on to crew about it for a good 15 mins. They even asked me and 28C if we'd swap. Yeah right.

Bear in mind the box for the slide does come quite close to you in 28B, but I would still say there is enough room to squeeze past.
Just don't repeatedly use 28B headrest as a grab handle as you get out - like 29A did with mine!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.