Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NYE party on a plane??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: QF, BA, VA
BA12 SIN-LHR in CW and the crew offered champagne at midnight.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold
We had an interesting experience in CW, especially for an aviation geek!!

Started with a delay leaving JFK on NYE as not enough ground staff had turned up to load the planes, they could only do them one at a time. I took this opportunity to ask nicely if I could pop up to the flight deck (already sitting on the UD), spend a lovely 30 mins chatting to crew whilst nothing was happening around us, they were great. Interestingly I got to see them request additional fuel and get that loaded for a faster cruise back to London, even with a stiff tail wind, expected journey was only 5hr 40m.

During the flight it was a typical sleeper service so not a lot happened, the cabin crew said that as they were all staying on UK time they'd had a celebration in the bus on the way to JFK from their airport when it turned midnight in the UK. Otherwise they kept us very well watered and we had a good time. I only felt slightly worse for wear when landing at LHR.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Skyline
We are on BA49 LHR- SEA on Dec 31st - arrival scheduled 16:25 so maybe a pre-NYE party?
Started out the day on BA 457 from MAD to LHR - the champagne flowed very freely and everyone seemed very jovial - onto Galleries South which wasn't crowded, but very hot - and then onto the delayed BA49 to SEA. Very professional and friendly crew in J with an announcement from the flight deck at mid-night UK time to wish everyone a Happy New Year!
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
Have done quite a few going east and in F there has been, when I was awake, a discreet go around with champagne bottle and glasses so as to not disturb sleepers. I also recall being told to look out the window over Berlin and Budapest (separate years) to view the fireworks.Always a pleasant and quiet day to fly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.