Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Any problems booking tickets for someone else?

Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL

I've book a one-way reward flight in the sale for a friend of mine, from Sao Paulo to London, using my Avios, under their name. Is there a danger of them having any trouble checking in when the charges were paid on a card that they don't have with them? Thanks!
Old Dec 5, 2017, 6:00 am

Shouldn't be a problem as long as you checked the box that said the cardholder is not travelling on the booking.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Shouldn't be a problem as long as you checked the box that said the cardholder is not travelling on the booking.
I did, yep.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
My companion and I are often travelling on award ticket booked by the other person (as part of avoiding the creation of a HHA). Even if we're travelling together, we often check in separately and there is no patten to which one of us is first.

The last time either of us was asked for a credit card by BA check-in was at LHR T4.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: Deliveroo Plus
Hey, I regularly book family and friends via my account, it is no problem. Please be aware that BA have been known to suspend peoples accounts pending investigation when there are many bookings not in the account holders name and also not the account holders card, this is so they can verify that Avios are not being sold on.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 6:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This is an entirely normal occurence. You have provided the appropriate notice to BA so that, should a question arise with respect to the CC, that BA knows that the passenger will not have it.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Thinking about it, I paid with a Monzo card that doesn't have a name on it anyway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.