Has the STR lounge changed?

Old Jul 4, 2019, 8:05 am
cte

Programs: BA Silver
I've got a trip to STR at the end of this month. Just checked the lounge info on MMB for the return leg and it's showing the dreaded "Elli Beinhorn Lounge". A quick look on oneworld suggests that the 'executive lounge' is only open to Finnair passengers.

Will see if I can get in with a BA silver card. The Executive Club lounge isn't anything to get excited about but it isn't as grim as the lounge BA now seem to be using if MMB is to be believed.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 4:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
I was there in mid-May and it was the Executive Club lounge that I got to use. The branding does look somewhat bizarre and now I understand why! It was also pretty much standing room only and comments above match my experience of the food/drink selection. Things may well have changed in the last six or seven weeks though.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Just my regular ping for STR visitors to go to the amazing Mercedes Benz museum in Stuttgart, you don't need to be a petrolhead to enjoy it.
There is also a Porsche museum nearby. Equally impressive IMO.
http://www.porsche.com/museum/en/
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:01 am
cte

Programs: BA Silver
I was at the airport yesterday and was able to get into the executive club lounge without an issue, so I guess it's still accessible, despite what BA says on MMB. Managed to time my visit for the start of the German summer holidays so everything was extra busy and some of the airport staff were extra rude too!

Will have to check out the museums next time I'm over there. Wasn't able to make it this time.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:37 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by LondonCanuck
Just hoping they have sausage in there, like JAL in Frankfurt.
JAL Lounge in FRA (First and Business) changed their menu some time ago for the better .... thank god they no longer have the sausage (weiner). The food is much better now in both the lounges and beats the CX Lounge offering.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 3:40 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by BAEC
JAL Lounge in FRA (First and Business) changed their menu some time ago for the better .... thank god they no longer have the sausage (weiner). The food is much better now in both the lounges and beats the CX Lounge offering.
Wash your mouth out! Frankfurters are not the same thing as Wienerwurst...
Old Oct 5, 2020, 1:17 am

I just thought I’d update this thread to say this lounge appears to have now been closed.

I thought it may just be for COVID-19 reasons but it looks like the fittings have actually been ripped out. The BA desk is still there though, so maybe it’s being renovated? One can hope!
Old Oct 5, 2020, 3:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Robert Roy
I just thought I’d update this thread to say this lounge appears to have now been closed.

I thought it may just be for COVID-19 reasons but it looks like the fittings have actually been ripped out. The BA desk is still there though, so maybe it’s being renovated? One can hope!
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum Robert Roy. Thank you for that update. In the current climate I imagine that STR is well down the list of priorities for lounge access for BA at the moment. I personally think STR is under-rated as a place for short breaks, but we can hope for better times ahead.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.