Search

Babymoon in January/Feb

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze (woohoo)
Babymoon in January/Feb

Hi all,

my wife is is due in May, so wanted to take her on our last holiday as just the two of us.

Anyone got ideas for a 7-10 break with lovely weather - either using a 241 or booking premium econ and using avios to upgrade?

Is Dubai too obvious? Anyone had any experience of any other Middle East countries for a relaxing resort break?

Zika is a factor - so Barbados etc is out
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Muscat, Oman is lovely.. it will be quite warm in May but a couple of the international hotels are wonderful - much less busy than Dubai and much more relaxing.. I'd expect your wife would love it - mine certainly did. We stayed at the Shangri-La..

edit... missed that the OP said Jan/Feb - baby due in May! Muscat will still be nice..

Last edited by ThatT1Feeling; Dec 5, 2017 at 3:48 am
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:12 am
Original Poster

This is for end of Jan/Feb. What's the weather saying around that time?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm not a "fan" of the Middle East. Have you considered the Canary Islands? BA flies to Tenerife, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria. Short-haul planes, obviously. There are some beautiful upmarket resorts.

To mention one, the Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora, that also has a Red Level (adults only) section. Romantic sunsets in your own private jacuzzi?

Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:18 am
Original Poster

And Feb weather in the canaries will be hot?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:22 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Bear in mind that your partner may not be able to sit in the sun for too long, so finding somewhere where that is the main activity, might not be the greatest.

In terms of Jacuzzis/Hot tubs etc, the above also applies.

Anyway, enough of Pregnancy 101 (mrsMsm2000uk pops in January, so I had to adjust our own babymoon plans due to the advice...and we're both craving Vitamin D!)

Personally, as long as your OH is sleeping ok, I'd look at Florida (not sure about Zika atm) or indeed Dubai - so you can sit in the sun for a bit, but there are also numerous other activities. Tel Aviv is also quite pleasant, albeit not full on sunbathing weather.

OR...Cape Town (minus the wine tours along the garden route!)

M
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Etting
And Feb weather in the canaries will be hot?
I guess it depends on how hot you want it to be. According holiday-weather.com, the average max temperature in February is 21, average min 14.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

M
+1 for Cape Town, although that's more of a theoretical possibility if you want to use Avios and/or 2-4-1.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Bear in mind that your partner may not be able to sit in the sun for too long, so finding somewhere where that is the main activity, might not be the greatest.

In terms of Jacuzzis/Hot tubs etc, the above also applies.

Anyway, enough of Pregnancy 101 (mrsMsm2000uk pops in January, so I had to adjust our own babymoon plans due to the advice...and we're both craving Vitamin D!)

Personally, as long as your OH is sleeping ok, I'd look at Florida (not sure about Zika atm) or indeed Dubai - so you can sit in the sun for a bit, but there are also numerous other activities. Tel Aviv is also quite pleasant, albeit not full on sunbathing weather.

M
We have just come back from Cape Town actually - would love to return there, but economy for 12 hours isn't going to sit well lol

I think she quite fancies somewhere 'sunbatheable' and 'pool swimmable' and i think Dubai/somewhere else in the Middle East could hit the spot, but we've been there a few times, so wondered if anyone had been to any other nearby country with recommendations?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by mec72
+1 for Cape Town, although that's more of a theoretical possibility if you want to use Avios and/or 2-4-1.
Not necessarily an insuperable problem if you route through JNB.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:42 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
We have just come back from Cape Town actually - would love to return there, but economy for 12 hours isn't going to sit well lol

I think she quite fancies somewhere 'sunbatheable' and 'pool swimmable' and i think Dubai/somewhere else in the Middle East could hit the spot.
Fair enough - so better to focus on 4-7 hour flights I guess.

Tel Aviv, Muscat (heated swimming pool), and Dubai are all good ideas, and Zika free - but so is Marrakech, and January seems to be a good time to visit.

M

P.S. Congrats on your incoming bundle of joy!
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Fair enough - so better to focus on 4-7 hour flights I guess.

Tel Aviv, Muscat (heated swimming pool), and Dubai are all good ideas, and Zika free - but so is Marrakech, and January seems to be a good time to visit.

M

P.S. Congrats on your incoming bundle of joy!
Thanks

Is Dubai the best choice? We've been there a few times - Abu Dhabi would be different - or do we try somewhere like Muscat/Bahrain/Doha? Cheap, luxury hotel would be a bonus
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: Meh
Is babymoon actually a thing?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Maybe I was unlucky but when I have been to the Middle East in Jan/Feb the weather has not been great. Sadly do not have a good alternative since I understand the zika concerns with the Caribbean, which otherwise would be my recommendation.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Thanks

Is Dubai the best choice? We've been there a few times - Abu Dhabi would be different - or do we try somewhere like Muscat/Bahrain/Doha? Cheap, luxury hotel would be a bonus
To me Feb isn't warm enough to bathe even there, but If you chose the UAE you could try to check Ras Al Kaimah (45 min by car from Dubai), where the hotels are more cheap. We went there last year and was nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.