Babymoon in January/Feb

Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:52 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Another vote for the Chedi Muscat from me. Largely child free, enjoy the peace whilst you can.

Googled 'Zika Oman' and this came up - must be a sign (never heard of this blog before but gives good advice!)

http://www.mywaymum.com/blog/2016/4/...on-destination
Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:54 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
The beach at The Chedi isn't the greatest, but the Long Pool remains one of my favourite relaxation spots in the world.

M
Old Dec 5, 2017, 4:32 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
The beach at The Chedi isn't the greatest, but the Long Pool remains one of my favourite relaxation spots in the world.

M
Ah but the water is calm and the temperature of a bath! And you get to do some planespotting at the same time.
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 6:33 am

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Ah but the water is calm and the temperature of a bath! And you get to do some planespotting at the same time.
Haha very true!

M
Old Dec 5, 2017, 6:59 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Etting
Hi all,

my wife is is due in May, so wanted to take her on our last holiday as just the two of us.

Anyone got ideas for a 7-10 break with lovely weather - either using a 241 or booking premium econ and using avios to upgrade?

Is Dubai too obvious? Anyone had any experience of any other Middle East countries for a relaxing resort break?

Zika is a factor - so Barbados etc is out
I usually go to LA in the winter (Jan/Feb), and I find the weather there really nice compared to the European winter! It was 30c at some point last time I was there in winter time!
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Down to KL and then a quick hop to one of the islands ? (Penang or Langkawi spring to mind with a high frequency and short flight times)
Old Dec 5, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bhbloke
Down to KL and then a quick hop to one of the islands ? (Penang or Langkawi spring to mind with a high frequency and short flight times)
Zika virus is a risk in Malaysia.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze (woohoo)
Thanks for all the tips. I'll check them out.

I think that Tenerife or Lanzerote could be in the mix too - weather in the first week of Feb could be on par with Middle East, mid 20s.

we may save the 241 and avios for a trip when bubba arrives - a late 2018 getaway
ringingup likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 8:03 am

thumbs up from me for Ringingup's suggestion : Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora, Red Level (adults only) section, very peaceful . Has an enormous infinity pool, 2 lengths' swimming is sufficient. Unheated but once in , just lovely. Or you can use the heated adults only pool in the Red Level section. Both pools have easy access, infinity pool sloping, adult pool , gentle steps. Might be useful as your other half will be 6 months' pregnant. Congrats!
ringingup likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze (woohoo)
Originally Posted by AmaaiZeg
thumbs up from me for Ringingup's suggestion : Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora, Red Level (adults only) section, very peaceful . Has an enormous infinity pool, 2 lengths' swimming is sufficient. Unheated but once in , just lovely. Or you can use the heated adults only pool in the Red Level section. Both pools have easy access, infinity pool sloping, adult pool , gentle steps. Might be useful as your other half will be 6 months' pregnant. Congrats!
And the weather will be good enough for a sunbathe? What other Melia hotels are nice on the island - I'm gold and have a 20% voucher to use - but the Palacio is £££ for 10 nights.

edit: may go for this hotel, just not the red level....

Last edited by Etting; Dec 6, 2017 at 2:00 pm
Old Nov 17, 2018, 2:34 am

Programs: BAEC
In exactly the same situation (1 year on). Has anyone experience of Mauritius in February? While i don't mind a bout of rain it's also cyclone season so always a riskk
Old Nov 17, 2018, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by omarlc
In exactly the same situation (1 year on). Has anyone experience of Mauritius in February? While i don't mind a bout of rain it's also cyclone season so always a riskk
MRU in February is lovely - the rains don't tend to come until mid/late March.

Beware half-time dates though.

M
omarlc likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by omarlc
It’s great, been in Feb and March and weather has been good, a little humid but you quickly acclimatise and ultimately that’s what you’re after really!

Only problem I find with MRU, is the draconian, Victorian trousers at night policy. I think it’s been relaxed somewhat now but some evenings in Jan were pretty unbearable in jeans at dinner time
omarlc likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.