Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

If BA offer to reroute you via a non OW carrier, do you still get TPs?

Old Dec 3, 2017, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond

I was due to fly AMS-LHR-ORD but the AMS-LHR went tech and I was offered a UA flight direct. I asked the ticketing agent whether I'd still get the TPs and Avios for the whole of my outbound journey, but they were uncertain.

I thought the collective here would know, so please can you confirm. Thanks
Old Dec 3, 2017, 3:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Yes, you can apply for an original routing credit after you have flown. You can do this using the webform linked from this page on BA.COM. Scroll down to the "Missing Avios" section.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 3:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes you do still get BA credit and you could also double dip and credit the UA flight to a star alliance program.

More details of ORC in the guide here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...r-s-guide.html
Old Dec 3, 2017, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. At least I know for next time. Unfortunately they then told me my original AMS-LHR was only going to be 2.5 hours delayed meaning I'd make my connection, 4 hours later and plane still not fixed so now put on a later LHR-ORD flight, so hopefully I get to LHR on time for that flight. I'll be more insistent next time!
Old Dec 3, 2017, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Well, at least you can for consolation TOTM: The 2017 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Well, at least you can for consolation TOTM: The 2017 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004.
^ Yes, that's certainly one consolation. I have posted in there as not sure who to claim from, but hopefully someone can help me there. Thanks again

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.