BA app use on older platforms

Old Dec 2, 17, 11:55 am
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

BA app use on older platforms

Hello FlyerTalk Community

It has been brought to our attention that some BA app users are encountering log in issues when trying to access the app through their mobile device - with specific reference to Blackberry and Windows.

The reason for the issue is that BA no longer support development for older versions of the Blackberry and Windows app. As BA and ba.com change the services they provide, these platforms are not updated. This will also apply to the iPhone 4, for which BA no longer supports the IOS version that it runs on.

BA apologises for any inconvenience this may cause to our customers.

Kindest regards
Francesca

British Airways Executive Club
Old Dec 2, 17, 12:10 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, QR Insider, SQ Gold, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Thanks Francesca for addressing the issue - It's brilliant when BAEC engage and update us all, so massive thanks for doing so.

M
rossmacd and PETER01 like this.
Old Dec 2, 17, 12:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; IHG Platinum Ambassador
"BA no longer support development for older versions of the Blackberry and Windows app. As BA and ba.com change the services they provide, these platforms are not updated."

Does this mean BA no longer support older versions of the Windows app or the Windows app per se?

Thanks
Old Dec 2, 17, 12:29 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thanks for pointing this out BA Executive Club, if nothing else it helps avoid unnecessary frustration from passengers repeatedly trying to get something to work. Hopefully the Google searches will bring this to the attention of any non FT lurkers in due course.
Old Dec 2, 17, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club View Post
It has been brought to our attention that some BA app users are encountering log in issues when trying to access the app through their mobile device - with specific reference to Blackberry and Windows.
Well, I have an android phone - probably only a couple of years old and I was getting login issues - kept trying, and checking against my laptop-BA login (which worked just fine). Eventually I uninstalled the BA App and reinstalled it, and then it worked fine. It certainly would have been good to have a more informative error message than was provided!
Old Dec 2, 17, 6:32 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Thank you for the update, Francesca.

Sad to see the demise of old (ancient!) BB app, although I admit to have been expecting it for a while given how old the BB7 is!
Old Dec 12, 17, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Is it possible to download a boarding pass without an app?

I use a Windows phone and found the app very useful especially for downloading and displaying boarding passes. Without an app, do I have to revert to printing it BPs, or is it possible to get a BP on mobile without an app?
Old Dec 13, 17, 1:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Nordic Choice Hotels Silver, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Lemeng View Post
I use a Windows phone and found the app very useful especially for downloading and displaying boarding passes. Without an app, do I have to revert to printing it BPs, or is it possible to get a BP on mobile without an app?
I think you can send it to your phone as an SMS?
Old Dec 13, 17, 2:14 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
I certainly did that in the past, but the BA site doesn't mention it the check-in info section, and the link to the online check-in demo doesn't work so I can't see if that reveals that SMS is still a possibility. I guess I'll just have to find out next time I check in...
Old Dec 13, 17, 3:39 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Just as a note, in case there are still some very antiquated people using the legacy non-Android BB (like me), even if you can no longer log into your BAEC account on the app, you can still load the individual PNR and will even display the boarding pass.

Still some life left in it yet

I haven't a clue if it's the same for Windows phone but it might be worth a try if you can no longer log into your BAEC account.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: