Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Newspapers: Telegraph and Mail to be removed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newspapers: Telegraph and Mail to be removed

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2017, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Betteronacamel
Mind you, the way BA is going down the LCC route I wouldn't be surprised if all they offer soon will be the Sun
Pretty sure I’ve seen The Sun offered in the lounges for quite a while now, along with The Mirror...
Old Dec 4, 2017, 6:23 am

So any non-partisan, non affiliated, not-at-all-popular newpapers that are not used by airlines deemed lower (or is it higher) in the food-chain than BA. Easy!
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by jwhite9185
Pretty sure I’ve seen The Sun offered in the lounges for quite a while now, along with The Mirror...
In the cloakrooms - cut in squares, hanging on a nail?
fin_dg likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by steadman
So any non-partisan, non affiliated, not-at-all-popular newpapers that are not used by airlines deemed lower (or is it higher) in the food-chain than BA. Easy!
Did I mention the FT earlier?
steadman likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
fin
Yup. Private Eye beats them all.
Maybe 20 years ago, about the time when Hislop was funny. HIIGFY of the early 90s was very good.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Good riddance to the Daily Fail.

And it's not a "freedom of speech" or censorship issue; no one is stopping anyone from buying their own copy to read wherever they want to read it. I'll just be glad not to have to see it on the newspaper carts in the boarding area, because to me it always implied a tacit endorsement of the paper on the part of the airline.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
In galleries North this afternoon and only the The Sun on Sunday available. Piles of them.......Premium airline my a.s.!
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by binman
In galleries North this afternoon and only the The Sun on Sunday available. Piles of them.......Premium airline my a.s.!
surely this is a sociological experiment? Any subtle signs up identifying a university school of social science etc??
Old Apr 29, 2018, 9:01 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
This thread is the reason some people dont bother with social media. Just come across this thread. What has this and newspapers got to do with anything. Why bring politics into this, isn't Omni thread or something for that.

Isn't this forum about flying anymore???

Edit. All people have different views on stuff. We all like flying and airports and things, there's no need to slate people who read anything surely... Mail. Guardian, sun. Whatever. I say, each to their own

Just seen this is from December. Should be archived this thread 😀

Last edited by crazyarmadillo; Apr 29, 2018 at 10:18 pm
Old Apr 30, 2018, 3:38 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by binman
It's no different in GF. Once the afternoon comes it's foreign language newspapers and The Sun left.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 4:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
BA can supply whatever complimentary papers they wish, it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

The day they start forcing me to read a certain newspaper, then I'll be the first to complain.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 5:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
This thread is the reason some people dont bother with social media. Just come across this thread. What has this and newspapers got to do with anything. Why bring politics into this, isn't Omni thread or something for that.

Isn't this forum about flying anymore???

Edit. All people have different views on stuff. We all like flying and airports and things, there's no need to slate people who read anything surely... Mail. Guardian, sun. Whatever. I say, each to their own

Just seen this is from December. Should be archived this thread 😀
PUTI?
Old May 1, 2018, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by LochAwe
Good riddance to the Daily Fail.

And it's not a "freedom of speech" or censorship issue; no one is stopping anyone from buying their own copy to read wherever they want to read it. I'll just be glad not to have to see it on the newspaper carts in the boarding area, because to me it always implied a tacit endorsement of the paper on the part of the airline.
Then get rid of all newspapers then. I don't want to see the lies from the Grauniad and "Independent" (my ar**)
I want to see proper right wing papers such as the great daily mail and Telegraph and Express just to pee off people like you, the snowflakes :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0
hugolover and RoyalSwazi like this.
Old May 1, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
I have noticed that there seems to be less and less to read. Just the Times and FT at LGW recently, plus all those dreary freebie Golf and Yachting Mags. Back in the old days at LGW North there was a much wider range. Whither Country Life? Vogue.?
Old May 1, 2018, 3:33 pm

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
Horse and Hound?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.