Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

No more Quintessentially for first class passengers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold

Dear all,

I just called up the you first line to get the Quintessentially number, but they told me the service does not exist anymore for first class passengers.

This was a bit of a shock - does anyone know when the service was terminated, and if there is an alternative?

Thanks in advance,
Old Nov 29, 2017, 7:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It was mentioned in the now closed CCR refit thread.
Improvements to F / CCR

What service were you after? Most of their activities are now covered by BaxterStorey.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Thanks CWS,

The thing is - the first lady I called at youfirst gave me the Baxter Storey number, while the second lady specifically said there were no alternatives.

I was looking for some options at my destination in Dubai over Xmas - booking tour guides, NYE options, special trips and interesting restaurants and clubs - since it is high season, I wanted to book these things in advance before everything is fully booked.

Thanks again!
Old Nov 29, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
What service were you after? Most of their activities are now covered by BaxterStorey.
If I want to reserve a Cabana for my 7 hours layover in LHR CCR, who I should call and book the request?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
If I want to reserve a Cabana for my 7 hours layover in LHR CCR, who I should call and book the request?
YouFirst?
yb90 likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 7:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ReynoldsNumber
I was looking for some options at my destination in Dubai over Xmas - booking tour guides, NYE options, special trips and interesting restaurants and clubs - since it is high season, I wanted to book these things in advance before everything is fully booked.
I presume Quintessentially is still going, albeit not in T5, so perhaps it could do that for you anyway? But your better bet - assuming you have booked a good quality hotel in Dubai - is to contact the concierge at your hotel, who I suspect would do a better job.

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
That remains with YouFirst, the number should be on your booking / MMB. They will liaise with BS on your behalf.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 9:27 am

As Baxter Storey seem incapable of providing consistently hot breakfasts in the CCR, the mind boggles as to how they could take on some of the activities provided by Quintessentially.
EuropeanPete, stevie and frasier like this.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
Thanks CWS,

The thing is - the first lady I called at youfirst gave me the Baxter Storey number, while the second lady specifically said there were no alternatives.

Thanks again!
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Touris...Vacations.html
Old Nov 29, 2017, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
You could try the destinations board! Wealth of info on all parts of the world

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/middle-east-481/
Old Nov 29, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by scillyisles
As Baxter Storey seem incapable of providing consistently hot breakfasts in the CCR, the mind boggles as to how they could take on some of the activities provided by Quintessentially.
I would imagine its limited to the booking of Cabanas and I am sure they will not manage that! To be fair if it was Quintessentially that decided it wanted out I wouldnt blame it, to be linked to BA First and especially the Cabana's I am not sure it would be good for business! Can you imagine if people thought the Cabana's were maintained and run by Quinessentially, after seeing those you would never dream of signing up for their actual service!
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:38 am

Just out of interest, how far in advance do Cabanas need to be typically booked?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:42 am

There are often cabanas available on the day, it's not unusual for people not to turn up. 30 days is typical since it ties in with the spa pre-bookings.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:43 am

Cheers CWS
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Thanks CWS,

Thanks again!
The Quintessentially contract ended at the end of October with all their staff being made redundant. This means there is now no concierge service available via BA. BaxterStory have been tasked with managing cabana bookings, but no other services that were previously provided by Q.

Cabana bookings should be requested via You First.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:19 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
There are often cabanas available on the day, it's not unusual for people not to turn up. 30 days is typical since it ties in with the spa pre-bookings.
I’ve booked a cabana just after booking tickets, some ten months in advance. Whether you need to is another matter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.