Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where have all the BA staffers gone?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
No mention of Sunshine Girl yet, or am I behing blind?

A true asset to the airline and this board. Her only fault was taking things a little too personally at times when the wind up merchants got going.
I think you mean sunrisegirl
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:57 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
Originally Posted by HIDDY
She might be getting on a bit but her witty ramblings are still fun to read.
in a George and Mildred kind of way.

thanks to the informative insiders though for posting.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
There's also cbagent and another person who always gives good advice (unfortunately, the name escapes me - arunda or something).
anonba?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 9:07 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by bwaflyer
There's still a couple of hundred of us ex bmi-ers still on Eurofleet (me included) although our numbers are dwindling each time voluntary redundancy is offered. I'm more of a reader than a poster, but I'll drop in a little useful information when I can.
It's really that low now? As a BD refugee, I had the pleasure of a couple of your colleagues (maybe even you, who knows?) serving me in Y earlier this year, although the particular flight escapes me - and certainly I know there were a number in the BACF crew. I recall that one was very happy, the other perhaps somewhat less so, so perhaps that goes some way to explaining why the numbers of experienced crew overall are down, which has a knock-on effect here on FT.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
I still dip in and out though not as much, not as much of a BA enthusiast as I used too be and lots going on........ if I see something I can help with (without putting my job at risk) then I will pop in to help. Too much company spying and telling off going on to be too vocal.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA gold
Suspect part of the problem is that once people know there is a person working in aviation, the PMs can go into overdrive in some cases.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:14 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by happeemonkee
anonba?
Yes!!! Thanks.
Anonba likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:15 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Here's a bit of juicy gossip: I once asked Alex Cruz if he looked at BA FT. He confirmed he did occasionally and that it was the staff comments that he found the most informative - "tells me stuff I haven't heard of before", or words to that effect.
Stez, mjh0 and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:21 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Here's a bit of juicy gossip: I once asked Alex Cruz if he looked at BA FT. He confirmed he did occasionally and that it was the staff comments that he found the most informative - "tells me stuff I haven't heard of before", or words to that effect.
Now doesn't that say everything. It means, as I and others had long suspected, that he was sitting at the top and being fed rubbish - or not fed at all by his minions. Now wonder things have gone west if there is no upward communication.
kaka and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by markzz2
I still dip in and out though not as much, not as much of a BA enthusiast as I used too be and lots going on........ if I see something I can help with (without putting my job at risk) then I will pop in to help. Too much company spying and telling off going on to be too vocal.
You need to grow some...., lovely to see you back.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by happeemonkee
anonba?
One of my favourites ^. I was going to mention them, but you beat me to it.

I do value all the other staff insights as well ^^^, just that anonba has filled in more specific blanks that I had.
Anonba likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
One of my favourites ^. I was going to mention them, but you beat me to it.

I do value all the other staff insights as well ^^^, just that anonba has filled in more specific blanks that I had.
im surprised....thanks!
Old Nov 29, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Great thread. For me, it's not all about the miles and wikis and whatever but also about the brand and a love of flying (BUT i suspect the forum is much bigger than it was 10 years or so ago). Always appreciate the insights from BA staff posters. CIHY is great as he always says what he thinks which people don't seem to do these days!

I miss Littlegirl's contributions, Sunrisegirl (but some on here were nasty to her), BBB, BAMFCSM, Secret Squirrel, and whatever happened to Purserette and Tits McGhee?! Jumbodriver & Waterhorse always were interesting, Alex the Engineer is missed, I think Heathrow Tower still posts. There will be more and by not singling anyone out that's not to say I didn't appreciate their input.

And Pucci is a great storyteller but hope she's enjoying retirement!
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by Anonba
im surprised....thanks!
You're welcome. Just like on board it's the little things, thoughts and contributions that some do with effortless ease that make all the difference.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
Originally Posted by HIDDY
She might be getting on a bit but her witty ramblings are still fun to read.
You're welcome to your opinion, as is everyone here. IMO the ramblings that I read are witty but tired, but it is the cliquey piling on that is horrid. Grown men talking about hairbrushes. It's not 1976.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.