Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA32 HKG to LHR Which gate?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:36 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS)
The Deck is also quite convenient, although it's usually a zoo for some reason.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by barboyz
Thanks guys, can plan our first class lounge tour now
Quite honestly I wouldn't bother: just go to The Pier by gate 62/63 and you're in the best lounge in HKG, arguably one of the best lounges in the world. That's assuming you're Gold/Emerald or travelling in First. If you really want to look at Qantas, it's literally to the side as you come in through security, so that's nice and easy - then head onward from there (you'll bypass The Bridge en route).

The Pier lounge is a 15min walk from the plane, however, so keep that in mind in both directions (assuming gate 15/16, anyway). There won't be any announcements in any Cathay lounge either, so keep an eye on the boards. There is a train, but I find the walking perfectly fine and less disruptive (escalators are slow in Asia as people stand everywhere - including travellators, actually, but look far ahead to work out if not going on one will actually be quicker; there's about 12 of them between gates 62 and 15). Or you can pay a buggy driver to whisk you between.

EDIT: Apparently The Deck has just opened at Gate 16. I'd totally missed that when there literally yesterday. D'oh.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by alexwuk
Nearest lounge to Gate 15 is the Wing. I could see the BA A380 pretty clearly from the F section on Tuesday night.
Gosh, you must have X-Ray vision! The Wing is close to gates 1-4.

Doc Copper

Last edited by DoctorCopper; Mar 15, 2019 at 9:12 am
Old Mar 15, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by DoctorCopper

Gosh, you must have X-Ray vision! The Wing is close to gates 1-4.

Doc Cooper

Whoops - going nuts. it was at 23, my bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.