Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pre-Flight Club and First Dining Removed from PHL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-Flight Club and First Dining Removed from PHL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2017, 1:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
That's a very poor show from BA, but alas something we recently had to get used to. With Amex platinum and AA flagships popping up though we don't have to be reliant on what is becoming very shabby BA offerings outside LHR and JFK.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 1:15 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by NoTiersForMe
Sorry, OT, but can anyone recommend the better AA lounge during a 4 hour layover in PHL next week. Sadly I will miss this most vaunted Flagship lounge and don't have access to the Centurion. Our own lounge guide here on FT would suggest much of a muchness between existing AA lounges?
i don’t think there is a material difference between B/C and A West. A West may be a slightly grander space. A East and F are much smaller and thus probably less suited for an extended layover.
NoTiersForMe likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 1:19 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
That's a very poor show from BA, but alas something we recently had to get used to. With Amex platinum and AA flagships popping up though we don't have to be reliant on what is becoming very shabby BA offerings outside LHR and JFK.
But I wouldn’t call the other US sleeper service offerings shabby. BOS used to be but isn’t now. Plus at all of those Airport alternative easy to access lounges aren’t available. Maybe PHL is preparing to shut and merge in with flagship but then why not wait till it’s open. And I doubt PHLs flagship will offer First Dining as AA doesn’t have three class flights from PHL.

I sent in my my complaint about this and will advise what they say but as I frequent the PHL route I ask that others please do the same.

Btw - confirming that none of the other sleeper service arrangements have changed? Was in BOS late last month and it was still as normal. Will be back in a couple weeks.

all of this seems strange when AA and UA are upping their game with lounge dining for J. VS has always had the club houses’s. Not sure what DL is doing.
NoTiersForMe likes this.

Last edited by sts603; Nov 26, 2017 at 1:25 am
Old Jan 18, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: AA EXP
Sorry to see Pre-Flight dining leave PHL since the flight to LHR is so short, I usually try to maximize sleep. Wish I had known this before booking 6:45 PM PHL-LHR in First. The on-board experience tends to be elegant but rather long and drawn out. I have Centurion access too.

What would you more experienced flyers choose? Centurion dinner and sleep to LHR or F meal service and a nap on board? This is a leisure trip so I can catch up on sleep after arriving in London.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by sts603
But I wouldn’t call the other US sleeper service offerings shabby. BOS used to be but isn’t now. Plus at all of those Airport alternative easy to access lounges aren’t available. Maybe PHL is preparing to shut and merge in with flagship but then why not wait till it’s open. And I doubt PHLs flagship will offer First Dining as AA doesn’t have three class flights from PHL.

I sent in my my complaint about this and will advise what they say but as I frequent the PHL route I ask that others please do the same.

Btw - confirming that none of the other sleeper service arrangements have changed? Was in BOS late last month and it was still as normal. Will be back in a couple weeks.

all of this seems strange when AA and UA are upping their game with lounge dining for J. VS has always had the club houses’s. Not sure what DL is doing.
The BOS food is fantastic and I really enjoyed the last meal that I had there in the F dining space. A steady flow of bubbles also helped . If you're ever in the VS clubhouse in BOS there is a large selection of beers from around the region. Do try one of the beers that are made on ACK by the Cisco Brewers.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The 'new' pre flight dining offering - which is healthier & fresher is now available at all PFD stations.
Guests can choose from a range of freshly made Panini's, a large selection of salads, a curry bar, some local delicacies & healthy desserts.
There are various pre-plated options available which are prepared & finished by the chefs in the lounges, the portions are served in new contemporary crockery.
We have also introduced a new menu for our First guests in PHL after listening to customer feedback from recent changes.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Can I help you
The 'new' pre flight dining offering - which is healthier & fresher is now available at all PFD stations.
Guests can choose from a range of freshly made Panini's, a large selection of salads, a curry bar, some local delicacies & healthy desserts.
There are various pre-plated options available which are prepared & finished by the chefs in the lounges, the portions are served in new contemporary crockery.
We have also introduced a new menu for our First guests in PHL after listening to customer feedback from recent changes.
So all J pre flight dining now doesn’t have proper meals? Including JFK? Big thumbs down if so. And baffling when AA and UA are now offering proper meals after years of not doing so.

Is the f dining in PHL back to what it was before?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All I know is what is said above.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
So J pre-flight dining is now either a pannini or slop from a try like in T5? Sounds like another cost-saving measure to me. I'd love to be proved wrong here, but if not, it does seem to prove that Cruzification continues despite recent minor indications to the contrary.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
So J pre-flight dining is now either a pannini or slop from a try like in T5? Sounds like another cost-saving measure to me. I'd love to be proved wrong here, but if not, it does seem to prove that Cruzification continues despite recent minor indications to the contrary.
I think it sounds like stuff from a tray has largely been removed. If I could get a piece of fish or a piece of chicken, that would be a huge improvement over what was there in November.

Not sure what "curry bar" really means.

PFD except for F/CCR dining has never been great but its always fit the bill IMHO.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think that we need some pictures and comments from those who have sampled the new products, you never know they came be an improvement.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:24 am

JFK on Tuesday night was exactly this.

As I've posted before - the grilled cheese sandwich. How 'premium'.

The salad would have looked fresh in 2016.

There was a curry, which in fairness, I did not try since I had eaten a fantastic meal in Manhattan. So it could have been good.

I did not eat onboard, since eating on a JFK-LHR is a waste of sleep time.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by rossmacd

There was a curry, which in fairness, I did not try since I had eaten a fantastic meal in Manhattan. So it could have been good.

I guess we'll stick to the Clubhouse for the moment then.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 1:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rossmacd

Please make sure you send in a complaint. It seems that at least some of the feedback is being responded to (the return of F dining to PHL).
Old Jan 20, 2018, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by sts603

Please make sure you send in a complaint. It seems that at least some of the feedback is being responded to (the return of F dining to PHL).
The only complaint I have lodged is the broken seat on the UD - far more important to me than bothering trying to get BA to improve their ground product.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.