Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can you upgrade an Amex 241 ticket after you have flown outbound?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2017, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold

Slightly bizarre scenario...I know tickets aren’t technically upgradable but people have had limited success in doing so. We’ve flown the outbound and I’m hopeful F availability will open up...can we upgrade our return leg and what does it involve?

Many thanks
Old Nov 24, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
The rules are no changes are permitted after the first sector flown (in fact within a few hours of the first sector). But you can always phone and ask.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
The rules are actually no changes within 24 hours of each flight. No cancellations or refunds within 24 hours of the first flight.

This would constitute a change.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by BA6501
The rules are actually no changes within 24 hours of each flight. No cancellations or refunds within 24 hours of the first flight.

This would constitute a change.
In fact the rule is:

16.4. All permitted changes are subject to capacity limitations and must be made a minimum of 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure of the first flight in the Reward itinerary.

but BA seem to relax this in principle to allow most changes not involving a refund or significant rerouting. So it's worth the OP calling BA, since this wouldn't be possible online, in the hope they will allow it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.