Search

Best Way to Chase BA Holidays Avios

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2017, 8:26 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Best Way to Chase BA Holidays Avios

I've had two great trips this year on BA Holidays. Neither has credited me with the bonus Avios promised.

Flights and car hire have paid up. But not the 2 Avios per £1 spent for holiday (which I note has halved for new trips).

The chase forms online don't seem to naturally include missing BA Holidays miles. Does anybody have any suggestions as to the best route to take to get these miles quickly? Based on other threads my life expectancy might not be long enough to wait for the random processes of crediting BA Holidays Avios to a BAEC account.

Thanks.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Why don't you try messaging @BAMissingAvios on here?
PeacefulWaters likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
How about phoning them?

If that doesn't sort it out only then contact BAmissingavios - who should be last port of call after the usual contact methods have failed to work.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
They often take a few weeks to post the bonus Avios. If you’re outside this sort of timescale then phone the BA Holidays people - usual number then “flight and hotel/ car hire” option. They will get it sorted for you. I don’t think you can do it via contact us on BA.com
Old Nov 23, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Bronze!! Hilton Gold
6 weeks is usually the norm, at least when I chase up BA holidays
Old Nov 23, 2017, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
PeacefulWaters, how long has it been since your travel was completed? The T&Cs say 5 - 6 weeks, in the real world 6 - 8 weeks is not uncommon.
See:
BA holidays bonus Avios delays
Flight + Car bonus avios, how do yours credit?
Old Nov 23, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Delta Platinum medallion
I returned from a BA Holiday to Madeira on 6-17 Nov - the Avios were posted just 4 days later on the 21st!

But in the past I've had to make numerous calls to BA Holidays get them posted - and they won't start any chasing action until 8 weeks have elapsed. Speaking to the Agents I've been told that where a holiday has been amended (eg UuA - which I often do) then the posting has top be done manually, and they maintain a spread sheet of transactions needing manual posting. Don't know whether this still the case
I also did a separate BA Holiday booking for a car (from LGW on the 6th Nopv) and the 38 Avios holiday bonus was posted after 15 days - on the same day as the Madeira Holiday. This suggests there is some of batch posting done at weekly or longer intervals.

Last edited by Keystone; Nov 23, 2017 at 1:58 pm Reason: Grammar
Old Nov 23, 2017, 6:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Amex Platinum
I always seem to need to chase the extra avios after 10 days or so. I’ve occasionally been asked to provide a screenshot of the email or page showing the avios as proof I did earn them!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:33 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Well BAMissingAvios acknowledged receipt of my message within a few hours.

Alas, because the two trips weren't paid for in Sterling the full response I've had says the trips didn't qualify. Nothing in the terms and conditions to explicitly decline foreign currency transactions. More than a little miffed. Condition 3 maybe worded against me, but it's surely not too hard to do a currency conversion!
---
  1. Bonus Avios are awarded on holiday bookings. A qualifying holiday booking is a hotel stay or car rental booked at the same time as a flight.
  2. Bonus Avios are awarded in addition to the regular Avios awarded for the flight and car rental elements of your booking only.
  3. You will earn 2 bonus Avios for every £1 you spend on holiday bookings.
  4. Bonus Avios are awarded to the lead passenger on the booking only.
  5. The lead passenger's Executive Club account will be credited with the applicable bonus Avios approximately four to six weeks after your holiday is completed.
  6. If a customer books a partner hotel as part of their holiday they cannot claim bonus Avios directly from hotel partners. Bonus Avios are only awarded by British Airways Holidays, on holidays bookings made on ba.com.
  7. Bonus Avios are only awarded to Executive Club Members.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.