FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Aerospace Bristol (Concorde museum) visit and DO | 24 Feb 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1878957-aerospace-bristol-concorde-museum-visit-do-24-feb-2018-a.html)

bigmarley4 Jan 19, 2018 3:54 am

Originally Posted by BotB (Post 29309213)
Hello bigmarley4, very happy to have you join us for the Museum visit. ^

Welcome to the BA forum, the UK and the Bristol DO!
Anyone else, all welcome! We're now up to 26 (in total, less for individual events!) ^

Thank you for the warm welcome - looking forward to it!

allturnleft Jan 19, 2018 6:54 am

Looks like I can make it
will pm you
got a bargin first class train ticket
staying at Hotel Bristol

BotB Jan 19, 2018 7:27 am

Originally Posted by allturnleft (Post 29312331)
Looks like I can make it
will pm you
got a bargin first class train ticket
staying at Hotel Bristol

Brilliant news, great to have you join us, glad it worked out! ^

I've updated the wiki, we're now 28 in total but not everyone is going to the museum, nor everyone going to the evening events...Anyone else wish to join in, all are welcome!

btw, the Bristol hotel is very well positioned, right at the harbourside, it used to be a Jury's Inn many moons ago, only stayed there once back in 2002. I remember it being a bit thin walled (in terms of hearing your neighbours or the outside noise) but imagine they have renovated once or more since those days!

Anyone else? All are welcome...

PETER01 Jan 19, 2018 7:37 am

Is it group boarding at the Concorde trip? I can picture a rebellion by GCH's if there's not! :p

More seriously, looking forward to this Do and meeting new and old faces so well done for organising BotB. ^

BotB Jan 19, 2018 7:59 am

Originally Posted by PETER01 (Post 29312483)
Is it group boarding at the Concorde trip? I can picture a rebellion by GCH's if there's not! :p

More seriously, looking forward to this Do and meeting new and old faces so well done for organising BotB. ^

:D Funny you should ask...if it weren't the end of half term, and therefore they were offering guided tours (the latest info I've been given is that half term is the reason they aren't offering guided tours, they'll reconsider as it gets closer and depending on demand on the day I'm told)...part of the guided tour is indeed priority boarding on Concorde...so it looks like we'll all be back of the bus regarding Concorde boarding...

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...65d8942b6e.jpg

Concorde Boarding

I'm now starting to realise why you won't be attending the museum portion PETER01, you just wouldn't cope with the status less situation! :)

Humour aside, we seem to be gaining a nice group of people with a love of travel and of course of the lovely Concorde...Only 5 weeks to go now!

PETER01 Jan 19, 2018 8:07 am

Originally Posted by BotB (Post 29312572)
:D Funny you should ask...if it weren't the end of half term, and therefore they were offering guided tours (the latest info I've been given is that half term is the reason they aren't offering guided tours, they'll reconsider as it gets closer and depending on demand on the day I'm told)...part of the guided tour is indeed priority boarding on Concorde...so it looks like we'll all be back of the bus regarding Concorde boarding...

I'm now starting to realise why you won't be attending the museum portion PETER01, you just wouldn't cope with the status less situation! :)

Humour aside, we seem to be gaining a nice group of people with a love of travel and of course of the lovely Concorde...Only 5 weeks to go now!

I'm sure it will be fab but having done the East Fortune Concorde trip numerous times over the years I'm taking a miss this time. 5 weeks! I better get a hotel booked then as not done that yet! :eek:

LondonCanuck Jan 19, 2018 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by PETER01 (Post 29312483)
^

I think @KARFA will push ahead, as per his earlier post in another thread, and then everyone else... I will bring my GGL card to flash, and then some credit cards in a sock to flog all the people of lesser rank, as someone else suggested in another thread ;-)

@Ziz... get in line :-)

BotB Jan 19, 2018 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by LondonCanuck (Post 29313853)

I think @KARFA will push ahead, as per his earlier post in another thread, and then everyone else... I will bring my GGL card to flash, and then some credit cards in a sock to flog all the people of lesser rank, as someone else suggested in another thread ;-)

@Ziz... get in line :-)

Heh :) I know my place, Back Of The Bus...

TheFlyingDoctor Jan 23, 2018 12:28 pm

I assume since there's no official tour, I can use my existing ticket to get in and just tag along with the group?

S_W_S Jan 23, 2018 2:10 pm

Unfortunately I can't make this anymore :(, hope you all have a great time!

BotB Jan 23, 2018 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by TheFlyingDoctor (Post 29329758)
I assume since there's no official tour, I can use my existing ticket to get in and just tag along with the group?

Of course, please do join us, no issue with that at all and would be great to have you come along!

I’ll update the wiki later if need be as on the road with mobile but thanks for asking and we look forward to seeing you there! Anyone else? All welcome!

BotB Jan 23, 2018 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by S_W_S (Post 29330225)
Unfortunately I can't make this anymore :(, hope you all have a great time!

Sorry to hear that S_W_S :( hope you can visit another time! Safe travels wherever you may be on the day.

Dakota Jan 23, 2018 3:58 pm

Hey BotB -

Hope you're good. Looking forward to the Do.

Strange... Bristol (state) schools' half-term holidays end the previous weekend. Wonder if someone just confused the dates? :confused: Worth checking.

https://www.bristol.gov.uk/schools-l...-holiday-dates

Originally Posted by BotB (Post 29312572)
:D Funny you should ask...if it weren't the end of half term, and therefore they were offering guided tours (the latest info I've been given is that half term is the reason they aren't offering guided tours...

BotB Jan 24, 2018 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Dakota (Post 29330738)
Hey BotB -

Hope you're good. Looking forward to the Do.

Strange... Bristol (state) schools' half-term holidays end the previous weekend. Wonder if someone just confused the dates? :confused: Worth checking.

https://www.bristol.gov.uk/schools-l...-holiday-dates

Thanks for the prod Dakota ^ , interesting, I'll definitely give them a call a bit nearer the deadline to give the remaining money and numbers for the group and ask about this. When I use the link you provided (city council) I get the same info you have (it finishes before our weekend) but when I checked in the past just using google and another website (general UK one) it showed up to our weekend...maybe they did the same! :)

Will try what I can to see if we can get a tour (and if I do, no issue with TheFlyingDoctor still accompanying us)...but for now will bide my time and let it get a bit closer so they have a better handle on the coming weeks. I'll update the thread in any case on the outcome!

Again, thanks for mentioning this!

Anyone else wish to join us, open to all! (whether just for the Aerospace Bristol visit, the evening social gathering and meal or for both, options abound!) :)

And for anyone still lurking or that has not yet made travel arrangements/hotel bookings and needs a bit of a reminder....Here you go:

Just https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...4d76b8e170.png weeks to go!

florens Jan 24, 2018 7:00 am

My apologies, BotB, but I won't be able to make it. Thanks anyway for organising everything, I'm sure it's going to be great. It would be cool if someone could post a few pictures of the Do for those who could not join!