How to credit Avios on JAL domestic?

Old Nov 18, 2017, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
How to credit Avios on JAL domestic?

Two recent J Class internal JAL flights (NRT-ITM) have not automatically credited to my BA account even though the boarding pass shows the BA FF#. To claim missing miles on a partner airline the BA website gives a pull-down menu with all other oneworld airlines + others, EXCEPT JAL.
Is this yet another BA website glitch, or has the oneworld status of JAL changed? What is the best and simplest method of claiming missing Avios and tier pts, please?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 7:54 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
How recent are they? It can take up to 2 weeks for them to automatically credit depending on what day of the week you flew.

JL remains with OW. They had a huge system overhaul on 16 November when pretty much everything was down (they moved to Amadeus from memory), but if your flight was before that, but not more than 2 weeks ago, likely it will just take time for them to appear in your account.

Put it this way - I have never had a JL flight that genuinely failed to automatically credit, although some took a while.

If it's been more than 2 weeks, choose Other Airlines from the drop-down list of partner airlines. I assume they can't (couldn't, certainly) deal with JL flights because of their non-globalised system so has to be done a different way.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Nov 18, 2017 at 8:02 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.