Wiki Posts
Search

Check in at OSL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Check in at OSL

Unable to OLCI for OSL to LHR tomorrow 11:35 departure) Currently in Doha about to board QR to OSL.
will I need to go landslide to check in at the desk as there is no BA lounge at OSL?

luggage checked in from AKL to LHR so no other reason to go landslide.

thanks for all advice.

paul
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
I am sorry as I don't know the specific answer to your question. Perhaps a ridiculous question but how did you manage to get your luggage tagged through to LHR without being able to check-in?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

One World will do this (except BA, who won't even do it between BA flights.
OLCI is possible for me (silver) but not my wife (blue), but we are now within 24hrs anyway.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: BA
Qatar allows oneworld luggage to be checked through.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by TyneTraveller
... how did you manage to get your luggage tagged through to LHR without being able to check-in?
A bag can be tagged for a subsequent sector without the passenger being checked-in for the second sector.

Anecdotally, it's possible that the incidence of bags not being loaded onto the second flight are sometimes caused by the passenger then checking-in for the second flight without the bag tag number becoming associated with that sector. So the second airline won't load the bag as it isn't confirmed that it belongs to someone on board the aircraft.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 1:46 am
Original Poster

So for the benefit of anybody else travelling AKL-DOH-LHR, there was no advantage to check our luggage through to LHR as we couldn't access Transfers at OSL without a boarding pass. OLCI was not available as the baggage tags had to be matched with the boarding passes, so we ended up going landside and checking in.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by Nobs&dials
Unable to OLCI for OSL to LHR tomorrow 11:35 departure) Currently in Doha about to board QR to OSL.
will I need to go landslide to check in at the desk as there is no BA lounge at OSL?

luggage checked in from AKL to LHR so no other reason to go landside.
Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question.

Are you just transiting DOH or using a stopover? When we flew CPT(QR)DOH(QR)OSL(BA)LHR, not only were our bags checked through to LHR but we also received BPs for BA OSL-LHR connecting on the same day.

Too late now, but may be useful for others.,
Old Nov 18, 2017, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
So for the benefit of anybody else travelling AKL-DOH-LHR, there was no advantage to check our luggage through to LHR as we couldn't access Transfers at OSL without a boarding pass. OLCI was not available as the baggage tags had to be matched with the boarding passes, so we ended up going landside and checking in.
Does that mean that there was no transfer desk at OSL that could issue a BP without you going landside?

And I don't quite understand why OLCI was not available. How did BA's OLCI know that you had a bag that was already tagged? Couldn't you OLCI, download a BP, go through transfers and then get the bag tag number added at the gate? I suppose my question really is: Who told you that you couldn't?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK *G, Virgin Flying Club, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
When I came back from HND on QR they checked my bags through and issued me a boarding pass for the BA flight even though was on a separate booking. I just had to give them the booking ref. OLCI wasn’t open yet at that point. I was passing through PSA rather than OSL though and I still had to go landside as PSA doesn’t have a transit zone. But I didn’t need to check in or pick and drop bags so it still helped and PSA doesn’t ever seem to be too busy.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
Any reason why you cannot use your phone to check-in online?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 8:36 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
So for the benefit of anybody else travelling AKL-DOH-LHR, there was no advantage to check our luggage through to LHR as we couldn't access Transfers at OSL without a boarding pass.
But there was an advantage, you didn't need to stand around waiting for your bags and drag them round to the check-in desk, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.