Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

‘FLUB’ class: travel in First (F) cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

‘FLUB’ class: travel in First (F) cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2022, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by LimitingFactor

Notice BA205 on Thursday to MCO has been flubbed - hope I end up being one of the lucky ones!
Well it looks like those seated in 15a, 15j, 12g 11k and 10d are in the frame for flub. Their seats are protected if it's not used by blocking them from others. 15e is the bassinet seat so would be blocked at this stage anyway. Flub looks likely but it may not happen. Were you booked in one of those seats?
Old Oct 18, 2022, 11:54 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by firstlight
Well it looks like those seated in 15a, 15j, 12g 11k and 10d are in the frame for flub. Their seats are protected if it's not used by blocking them from others. 15e is the bassinet seat so would be blocked at this stage anyway. Flub looks likely but it may not happen. Were you booked in one of those seats?
10d is blocked because we have e/f/g and are gold. Sadly I know being three of us makes it less likely too!
Old Oct 19, 2022, 12:19 am
Original Poster

10d is blocked because we have e/f/g and are gold. Sadly I know being three of us makes it less likely too!
I'd still be somewhat hopeful, this is not generally a gold or ggl heavy route like jfk for example.

If you are on one booking I think they move the whole party and not just one person (that happened to us as a couple 4 years ago). For FLUB to open up this early they must be predicting a high CW load and if the plane configuration has changed then they may find they are overbooked in wt as well leading to a flow forwards of involuntary upgrades. It's half term so yes the plane will be full of ba holiday disney adventurers!

Usual advice is to check in online early but don't download your boarding pass.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 1:10 am

Programs: GGLfL
Be careful what you wish for.

I have had (i) not Flubbed and non-status passengers Flubbed (the least bad option) because the man doing the seat shifting didn't notice the status, (ii) one of two passengers (on the same booking) Flubbed and unable to get us moved back together, (iii) both Flubbed and scattered to randoms seats in different rows and on different aisles, (iv) Flubbed and then moved back again at the gate (to random seats in CW) "to accommodate a family who hadn't selected seats together".

Staying put where you are is generally the best option unless you are a solo traveller and don't mind being shunted around.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 1:22 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And I have had two experiences of (iv), which is infuriating in legacy CW since you may have been allocated a decent seat in CW, been reserved in it for months. You get Flubbed late on, then there are some even later no-shows and you get kicked back to some random seat in CW since they can no longer split the WTP couple who were allocated the original CW seats. Kind of the double effect of Theoretical Seating and Flub. On one flight I knew it would be unlikely that Flub would hold so I asked not to be Flubbed, which was fine but that still didn't allow me to get my old CW seat back. Usually an experienced IFM just re-Flubs you in the circumstances, but it's a good point that Flub isn't always good news.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 1:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'd still be somewhat hopeful, this is not generally a gold or ggl heavy route like jfk for example.

If you are on one booking I think they move the whole party and not just one person (that happened to us as a couple 4 years ago). For FLUB to open up this early they must be predicting a high CW load and if the plane configuration has changed then they may find they are overbooked in wt as well leading to a flow forwards of involuntary upgrades. It's half term so yes the plane will be full of ba holiday disney adventurers!

Usual advice is to check in online early but don't download your boarding pass.
On a flight to MCO in the summer, 6 of us on one booking. 2 gold, 1 silver and 3 blues. The 2 golds got offered FLUB which we ended up declining as wanted to keep the group together. Bit frustrating as only 4 of the (Is it 12) seats were taken (older style 777)
Old Oct 19, 2022, 12:34 pm
formerly rt23456p

Originally Posted by kingcole974
On a flight to MCO in the summer, 6 of us on one booking. 2 gold, 1 silver and 3 blues. The 2 golds got offered FLUB which we ended up declining as wanted to keep the group together. Bit frustrating as only 4 of the (Is it 12) seats were taken (older style 777)
Considering been the same class of service, couldn't others just move. up as well?
Old Oct 20, 2022, 3:45 am

As as an update - seems totally flubbed! Our boarding passes didn’t change so I guess we’re not moving, but at least I’ll have seats I carefully picked!
firstlight likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 4:11 am
Original Poster

As as an update - seems totally flubbed! Our boarding passes didn’t change so I guess we’re not moving, but at least I’ll have seats I carefully picked!
At least you should get first choice of meals...
Old Oct 20, 2022, 6:34 am

At least you should get first choice of meals...
Argh! Daughters seat is broken and we’ve having to live with it!
Old Oct 25, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Family of 4 of us were FLUB'd last week (2 adults: 1x GGL, 1xG & 2 under-12s: both Silver). No request from any of us - seats just changed automatically.
firstlight likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
FLUB from Club Suites to 1E/F for myself and my wife, LHR-MCO, last week. 7 of 8 F seats occupied by passengers and the flight crew rotating crew rest in the eighth.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Flubbed overnight for our flight this morning from nice mini cabin window seats into middle seats in F i guess the algorithm decided we'd prefer it; Complaining would be a bit dykwia but if we had been asked we would have selected window seats. Still it's new F with doors so a good result.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
If Club World is only half full right now for a flight in 3 days time does that mean FLUB is unlikely?
Old Oct 30, 2022, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Yes it does.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.