Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

‘FLUB’ class: travel in First (F) cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

‘FLUB’ class: travel in First (F) cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2021, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
at the right arm you have a little shelf along the arm rest that is about 6 or 7inches wide which is a great place to stash some things during the flight. i do like 13E but would prefer the windows, and as for shoving us all in the same cabin it is curious to read above and the lead said she had no idea what happened and why they closed it off but said she wished they wouldnt because then she spends a lot of her time dealing with upset passengers who have been moved from their preferred seat.

as for FLUBbing, i hadnt read upthread much before this so didnt know what would happen but it wouldnt have mattered either way since my original J seat was in the eventually closed off J cabin.

excellent crew and being in the middle i was asked for my choices about three times for each instance. far superior to my F experience the prior week when someone had to ask the crew in the forward galley to be quiet.

this was the map just before i headed for the airport and figured it was EF just being wonky...but nope!

Old Nov 20, 2021, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Great! Handy to know for J to SYD…. should it ever happen !
Old Nov 26, 2021, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Would any kind soul be able to confirm that the F cabin looks likely to remain closed on Monday’s (29th Nov) BA2159 LGW-UVF (looks it to me based on J9 C9 D0 R0 I0 W9 E0 T0 Y8 B5 H2 K1 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G2)?

My good friends are off on their much-delayed honeymoon; used a GUF to get them into J and they have good seats there…

Thanks
Old Dec 1, 2021, 2:23 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

So for my LHR-DEN service I went from 7A to 1A, by doing precisely nothing. Now admittedly something odd happened along the way from CCR to T5B, and my seat went from 1A to 13J (!) back to 7A.
I'm going to Denver this morning and my seat also changed without me doing anything at all, currently 2A from 12 something. Initially I got quite excited (well, I still am, a nice seat for a long flight) but then the possibility of flub occurred to me. We'll see what happens between now and departure I guess.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver
I have a flight LHR-SFO that isnt until well into next year and wife and I are in row 4 of a 777 but travelling on a J class fare. I am assuming this is a FLUB and would much prefer to move seat now rather than being moved later and ending up with something I dont want. When I view my booking the change seat option pops up but no map to choose my seat. Given the length of time I wonder whether to sit back and wait for a plane change or something else or contact BA and ask them to do something. The latter isnt ideal given the irritation of long holds etc. Any thoughts on this would be gratefully received.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 2:53 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It's difficult to give a helpful answer here since there are CW seats in row 4. The key piece of missing information is the date of travel so we can check exactly what the seating is for your flight. There are 8 versions of 777s operated by BA. MMB has a bug where if you get moved to a different equipment you may be unable to move seat on BA.com but perhaps can on Royal Jordanian.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by zen100
Anecdotes again, but my observation is that they assign FLUB to those that haven't selected a seat (typically non status holders), so they don't need to sent out as many "Your seats have changed" e-mails.
Originally Posted by Jed
My experience is that London does it by status (GGL first. The man at the GF lounge told me that they were doing 97s first, but mine might be possible later as I was a 66. He didn’t say what the numbers meant but obviously I knew he was referring to CIV).
The return flight outstations tend to FLUB people who don’t have seat allocations, as you say.
I (&OH) were flub’d at the gate on UVF to LGW after having been given boarding passes and having booked seats. A very welcome move. Only 6 of us in FLUB.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It's difficult to give a helpful answer here since there are CW seats in row 4. The key piece of missing information is the date of travel so we can check exactly what the seating is for your flight. There are 8 versions of 777s operated by BA. MMB has a bug where if you get moved to a different equipment you may be unable to move seat on BA.com but perhaps can on Royal Jordanian.
Its BA285 on 9th September. The Royal Jordanian did work and brought up a map - I havent tried changing thus far. Odd that it works there but not on BA - assume this is the bug that you refer to.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 3:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by low1968
Its BA285 on 9th September. The Royal Jordanian did work and brought up a map - I havent tried changing thus far. Odd that it works there but not on BA - assume this is the bug that you refer to.
You're on a 3 Class 777 with Club Suites. No FLUB here.
low1968 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 3:29 pm

thanks so much
Old Dec 30, 2021, 3:32 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by low1968
THat's not a FLUB case, there is no First on that aircraft. It is just the Club Suites version, and there aren't major differences between the seats anyway. It's such a long way off that it could change many more times yet. But the previous change may well have blocked your seat due to MMB not aligning itself fully with your new aircraft arrangement. So I wouldn't spend much time on it, and if you are ok with the seats you have then I would leave it.
low1968 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 3:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
UVF-LGW 09/01 BA2158

EF showed FLUB unblocked so went for it. 10 mins later back to being blocked (including seats I managed to select and still show on BA app as selected - 2A/E).

now cannot change seats on BA as seat map comes up blank!

will report back..J5 C0…
Old Jan 8, 2022, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Foofighter69
will report back..J5 C0…
And four unallocated seats in the CW cabin - all singles.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
2158 a couple of days ago had J7 C0 but flew out with 47/48 in J and 14 in F
Old Jan 24, 2022, 9:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
I’m booked on Thursday’s BA253. When might rows 1 & 2 become available, which are currently greyed out, but not for sale or U/G?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.