Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

‘FLUB’ class: travel in First (F) cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

‘FLUB’ class: travel in First (F) cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2022, 7:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jzlerner
1) Does status affect anything? I'm silver and this isn't a particularly status heavy route.
2) Do I still choose my seat before OLCI or not?
3) If one is put into the first cabin do they receive the ground benefits? Eg first wing/CCR or purely same experience as club with different seat?
4) Anything else to know/do to further my chance of moving to First cabin?
1) status appears to be main driver so unless silver is highest status and business is oversold it’s unlikely

2) I’ll leave this for someone else to comment on

3) no it’s just seat - inflight service and everything else is still club world

4) cross your fingers
Old Jun 6, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Jzlerner
Hi,
Forgive me for not reading the entirety of this thread but I have a flight with this 4 cabin layout coming up. As I understand it my best bet it to do OLCI but not print out a boarding pass and hope for the best.

Have a few questions:
1) Does status affect anything? I'm silver and this isn't a particularly status heavy route.
2) Do I still choose my seat before OLCI or not?
3) If one is put into the first cabin do they receive the ground benefits? Eg first wing/CCR or purely same experience as club with different seat?
4) Anything else to know/do to further my chance of moving to First cabin?

Thanks
2.) I would still choose your seat (in normal Club). If you don't choose it and you don't get flubbed, then you run the risk of getting a bad seat.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 2:05 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
Hurrah, I was FLUBed at the weekend. My Club seat would not recline and the cabin was full so I went up a cabin. It was a night return from YYZ and I was given First bedding. it was a lovely treat.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 2:33 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MrsW
Hurrah, I was FLUBed at the weekend. My Club seat would not recline and the cabin was full so I went up a cabin. It was a night return from YYZ and I was given First bedding. it was a lovely treat.
What meal service did you have?
Old Jun 7, 2022, 3:41 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
What meal service did you have?
Club, there was no First food service for anyone.
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 1:19 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MrsW
Club, there was no First food service for anyone.
at least a better seat
Old Jun 11, 2022, 6:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I’ve been frequently looking at expert flyer with my attention on the LHR MCO route.

To the best of my knowledge, today if the first day there has been anyone seated in the F cabin.

With the recent relaxation of the testing requirement, this may mean a few more bums of seats and the F cabin being used for frequently.

To those who have grabbed a Flub seat in the pat, I have a question.

In our group to fly in August, there are 6 of us. 2 gold, 1 silver and 3 blues. We are all on the same booking. If it does open up, would I be able to seat us all up front or would it just be the gold card holders?
Old Jun 13, 2022, 5:34 am

Had FLUB on yesterday’s BA219 LHR-DEN. Wasn’t able to select an F seat, but my J seat went missing overnight. First Wing check-in seemed confused by it when she showed me the seat map.

Flight was so busy, they had to call extra crew in 3 mins before going (according to those serving us in F cabin). J service with F bedding.

Nice treat!
PETER01 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 6:49 am

Programs: BA Exec Club: Gold HHons:Diamond FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
FLUB'ed out and return to YYZ over the Jubilee weekend.
Cabin was treated as CW except for bedding, same staff, food and drinks, even the curtains into CW were left open.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by kingcole974
I’ve been frequently looking at expert flyer with my attention on the LHR MCO route.

To the best of my knowledge, today if the first day there has been anyone seated in the F cabin.

With the recent relaxation of the testing requirement, this may mean a few more bums of seats and the F cabin being used for frequently.

In our group to fly in August, there are 6 of us. 2 gold, 1 silver and 3 blues. We are all on the same booking. If it does open up, would I be able to seat us all up front or would it just be the gold card holders?
No idea how 6 people of differeing status will get treated. But the general guidance is to do nothing. There are a few possibilities:

1.) You are able to select Flub seats and you get booted back down to Club in whatever seats you get given, particularly annoying if you end up in middle old CW seats, or the 6 of you end up spread all over the cabin. Bad.
2.) You don't try to select seats Flub seats and nothing happens and you get whatever Club seats you had aplready chosen. OK.
3.) You choose seats in Flub and they stick. Great.
4.) You do nothing and at checkin or the gate, you get bumped up to Flub. Great.

There is no evidence that choosing Flub seats if able (as in option 3) is any more likely to get you into Flub than doing nothing (option 4). If you do choose Flub seats and they stick, it is likely that you would have been found and flubbed anyway. I have no inside knowledge, but I would think flubbing a whole mixed-status party of 6 (or splitting the party up) is less likely than flubbing singles and couples.

Again, it seems like picking Flub seats is pointless and risky. I know it might be difficult the resist the siren song of Flub seats, but try to!!
Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:26 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
this entire thread basically boils down to: do nothing and select the best club seat you would want because even if the seat map opens, you can always get de-flubbed and end up in a terrible J seat you never would have selected...then, hope for the best at the airport because it seems futile to attempt anything online at the risk of screwing yourself over.
britbronco22, KARFA and RichieMc like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Followed the advice here - checked in for my LHR-MCO flight but didn’t download BP - at check in at BER found out I’ve been moved to 3K.

My brother on a separate booking isn’t too happy - by chance he’s next to my original seat (12K) in J!
Old Jun 18, 2022, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by kingcole974

with 6 people the most likely is that ou won’t be moved to the F cabin (assuming that plane assignment even stick till August) and that if you try to move yourselves if cabin opens you’d be bumped back. As noted ba’s policy is to only use the f cabin if absolutely necessary and for the fewest possible people. That makes a group of 6 an unlikely choice.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 8:37 am

I’m on a TLVLHR flight in a few days time. FLUB is being used pretty consistently these days, as services are very full.

In the BA app, I see that my seat is the Club World seat I’ve chosen and the eight First seats as full/unavailable. However, on ExpertFlyer the seat map shows six of the F seats assigned and two blocked, with my current seat vacant.

I’m guessing something may be afoot with FLUB, but doesn’t the app usually show when you’ve been moved?
Old Jul 14, 2022, 5:49 pm

Just out of interest when are you flying? I'm on the same route on Monday

Also, does anyone know when/if Flub seats show up in MMB? Currently only showing regular Club layout 3.5 days before flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.