Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FLUB class (travel in F but with J service on 4 class 777)

FLUB class (travel in F but with J service on 4 class 777)

Old Dec 20, 18, 10:32 pm

I was able to secure 4K on an upcoming LHR-MAD on the 777. Now EF shows the entire F cabin as blocked but my 4K is still confirmed according to the BA app. What should I expect to happen?
Old Dec 21, 18, 1:40 am

Programs: BA Ag, Avis Pres Club, Ex VS Au, Best Western Au, Ex Marriott Pt, HHonors Silver, Priority Club Au
Originally Posted by DreamTrip View Post
I was able to secure 4K on an upcoming LHR-MAD on the 777. Now EF shows the entire F cabin as blocked but my 4K is still confirmed according to the BA app. What should I expect to happen?
If they definitely need the cabin at T-24 you may keep your seat (more likely if you are a gold). If they donít need the cabin or you have lower status, when you check in your seat may change to a CW one. Thereís also potential for your seat to change at check in but they end up still needing the F cabin. In which case ask nicely at the airport!
Old Jan 2, 19, 9:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Could anyone please tell me the likelihood of FLUB opening up/staying open on BA461 MAD-LHR this Friday 4th of Jan?
I can't post a photo but expertflyer shows one seat has been selected in the First cabin, which means it may be open..

I am travelling with a friend who is blue - if we book together (my avios) will he be able to sit there too?

Thank you!
Old Jan 2, 19, 10:00 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, VS Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jimmyw9 View Post
WOW..... taking my first ever LGW 777 flight next year. I had no idea that even if you had a seat in F, you were served as J....... SHOCKING..... but with Cruz in control is there any wonder. I have never heard of this FLUB before, but I guess as it is just mainly leisure routes why bother with anything preimum.
Oh for goodness sake. It's not First Class, it's an overflow for Club World on routes which don't usually have First Class on the planes and when there are overbooking situations.

Last edited by Sealink; Jan 2, 19 at 11:59 pm
Old Jan 2, 19, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by noFODplease View Post
Could anyone please tell me the likelihood of FLUB opening up/staying open on BA461 MAD-LHR this Friday 4th of Jan?
I can't post a photo but expertflyer shows one seat has been selected in the First cabin, which means it may be open..

I am travelling with a friend who is blue - if we book together (my avios) will he be able to sit there too?

Thank you!
Further to this - I can select seats in rows 2 and 4 on weird extra bit on the seat map. But it does not appear as First seating layout. When FLUB is really open, does it appear as the proper First seat map?

Thank you!
Old Jan 2, 19, 10:16 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by noFODplease View Post
Further to this - I can select seats in rows 2 and 4 on weird extra bit on the seat map. But it does not appear as First seating layout. When FLUB is really open, does it appear as the proper First seat map?
No it doesn't - the seat map is a strange hybrid in FLUB scenarios (as indicated upthread) and while it is up to you to take the risk, be aware that absolutely nothing is guaranteed here. Well, other than that you'll get a seat somewhere. Probably.
Old Jan 2, 19, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Well, other than that you'll get a seat somewhere. Probably.
Haha thank you CWS, duly noted.

Does anyone with access to loads have any indication of how likely it might be?

Thank you
Old Jan 2, 19, 11:10 am

Programs: BA Silver
I was on the same flight last Friday and the same thing happened at about the same time last week. Selected a seat in F just to see what would happen. It held my seat (and showed in Expertflyer) for about a day. Next day th cabin was no longer available for selection though it still showed my F seat number. Later that evening it moved me back to CW. Flight was pretty empty though so I could select just to see what would happen without having to worry about seat choice if it didn't hold.
Old Jan 2, 19, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Excited to be FLUBed tomorrow on ANU PLS (Avios ticket). Seats opened up about 48 hours before departure.

Looks like lots of FLUB on the incoming from LGW as well. F All full.
Old Jan 3, 19, 9:19 am

J5 C2 D0 R0 I0 Y9 B9 H4 K0 M0 L0 V0 N0 O0 Q0 S0 G9

Does this look like FLUB territory to anyone?

I have 2A but checkin is in 35 mins and can't decide if I'm safer to nab that CW window seat...
Old Jan 3, 19, 9:50 am

Programs: BA Ag, Avis Pres Club, Ex VS Au, Best Western Au, Ex Marriott Pt, HHonors Silver, Priority Club Au
Just my personal opinion but Iíd chance it. What status are you? If you are silver or below than you could still be shifted when you check in even if Flub is being used. My understanding is that sometimes they release individual seats in Flub to golds and above. . However.... Ask at the airport if that happens.
Old Jan 3, 19, 11:28 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Did I already post this in a thread on a different topic - I am not sure ? But a data point on this issue. I flew from LGW on a 3 class 4 cabin 777 a couple of weeks back and the F cabin opened up on EF (but not ba.com) around T-48, with a whole bunch of people moved there, but not me. As I am Gold and had a full J ticket, I thought I would call up to ask about being moved. The agent said she could see the cabin but could not move me there as the system would not let her, and that was that (too late to bother with requests to seating control).

No option to move at OLCI as the F cabin was still not showing on ba.com. When I got to the airport half the F cabin was still showing empty on EF, so I asked if I could be moved. The agent at the F check-in looked at me strangely and said I was already in the front row of the aircraft, so what exactly did I want. I explained the position (although she was manning the F desk she plainly had never encountered FLUB), and she invited me round to look at her screen. Sure enough no F cabin. Her colleague at the adjoining J desk did know all about FLUB and told her to call up whoever they call up from the desks and i was instantly moved to 3A.

Is it normal that the cabin does not show up on ba.com, or on the check-in agents screen ? In any event it is odd that the CS agent that I spoke to on the phone could see the cabin, but the check-in agent could not.

The other odd thing was that the F cabin had a group of 5, including 2 smallish (5,6,7 year old ?) kids who were seated in 1A and 2A, with the adults in the centre block across the aisle. That struck me as a very odd use of the cabin, as I would not think that small children were normally allowed to sit with nobody next to them.. From what I could tell from their discussion, they did sit exactly as their BPs had assigned the seats, so it did not appear to be a case of having swapped the seats around. . In any event, the cabin crew had no issues with this seating arrangement, which I also found odd.
Old Jan 5, 19, 10:50 am

Programs: British Airways Silver
I just selected 2A on upcoming MAD - LHR on 8/1/19 - is this a first seat ? The map was weird it showed only row two and four and seats all forward facing arrows ?

The business cabin on this day is already like 80% or more full and just gave up my 10k and no other window seats free in business for the 2A.

If it moves me back to a rubbish seat not so bothered as only short flight ✈️

Last edited by nshep; Jan 5, 19 at 11:14 am
Old Jan 5, 19, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
I was FLUB'd again this morning (same process as 2 posts back) and am sending this in-flight from 4K. Sorry couldn't resist !
Old Jan 5, 19, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by nshep View Post
I just selected 2A on upcoming MAD - LHR on 8/1/19 - is this a first seat ? The map was weird it showed only row two and four and seats all forward facing arrows ?

The business cabin on this day is already like 80% or more full and just gave up my 10k and no other window seats free in business for the 2A.

If it moves me back to a rubbish seat not so bothered as only short flight ✈️
it is an F seat. Not sure anyone knows what happens if you select one of the virtual seat numbers that donít actially exist.

Good luck!
nshep likes this.

Search this Thread