Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FLUB class (travel in F but with J service on 4 class 777)

FLUB class (travel in F but with J service on 4 class 777)

Old Jan 15, 20, 2:52 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze, HHonors: Silver, Virgin Flying Club: Red, Miles & More
Originally Posted by IKDR View Post
Flying back from Muscat on BA 80 with my OP on Friday 17th Jan in J. Just seen that First seating has opened up (FLUB I guess) and moved us into row 1. Weve only got bronze status. I know its a guessing game, but wondering if I should have kept the nice J seats wed booked or whether its worth a gamble that we dont get turfed back into less than ideal J seats. Dont think the flight is very full. Thoughts?
It depends on how disappointed you'd be if you were turfed out into a less than desireable J seat, and also how much you really want to sit in a F seat? Remember, it's only the seat and not the full F experience!
Old Jan 15, 20, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by IKDR View Post
Flying back from Muscat on BA 80 with my OP on Friday 17th Jan in J. Just seen that First seating has opened up (FLUB I guess) and moved us into row 1. Weve only got bronze status. I know its a guessing game, but wondering if I should have kept the nice J seats wed booked or whether its worth a gamble that we dont get turfed back into less than ideal J seats. Dont think the flight is very full. Thoughts?
If the flight is not full, you will be moved back to J seats. I would not have moved. Depends on your appetite for risk.
travelsbyplane likes this.
Old Jan 15, 20, 4:39 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, QR Insider, SQ Gold, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
My return from PIT has moved from 788 to 789 next week.

F is currently blocked out, and every selling class is showing 9s, so wishful thinking expecting it to open up.

However, I'm intrigued as to why BA have switched aircraft. I know there are 787 engine issues, but does BA have additional spare capacity on 789s opposed to 788s?

M
Old Jan 15, 20, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by travelsbyplane View Post
It depends on how disappointed you'd be if you were turfed out into a less than desireable J seat, and also how much you really want to sit in a F seat? Remember, it's only the seat and not the full F experience!
Yes, thanks. It was just for the fun of an 'F' seat... For something different. Will check loads in J... If it's fairly empty then hopefully when/if I get pushed back it will still be OK. It's only an 8 1/2 hour day flight so not too critical.
Old Jan 15, 20, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
You will most certainly be kicked out, move now and get the best seat available.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: